Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah, not worth argueing about.
It's common place for people to name things differently but if it's understandabke what they are describing, no big deal.
I've never seen such sensitivity before on a forum, or maybe we aren't as touchy in the uk, or maybe as well educated :-D

·
Registered
15 Posts
If bothered to look the $2045 is for the full system, muffler, resonator, and pipe, is the description. What you see is the number 7 pointing to the rear can and being labeled 'resonator'. This is a Mopar site. Do you think it's odd that you can't provide proof of your theory?
It’s not a theory my friend... it’s call ordering a part.

You don’t need me for proof. I already told you the dealership ordered item #7 for my truck, and it was the complete system... Resonator back to mufflers.

Here’s how to arrive at proof you can use. Go to your local jeep dealer’s parts department, using my VIN that I sent you previously, and order item #7. I want you to repeat it 5 times that you only want item #7. Show them the illustration so they can match it in their system.

When the item arrives in a few days, go look at it and tell them you no longer need it. It’s not a unique item, so it shouldn’t cost you anything... they’ll simply return it. If for any reason they charge you restocking fee, I’ll call them and pay it in full. Knowledge should be free.

Do that tomorrow and post the dealership name, phone number and your order number to this forum. That way everyone on the forum can call the dealer and ask what was received under the order number you posted.

Normally, only unique items require prepayment. So it shouldn’t cost you anything... BUT... you’ll have all the proof you need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How come the resonator/muffler is such a sore subject on this site?
Either way it's actually called a silencer :-d

I have my popcorn in-hand.
I won’t call it a sore subject, but it’s a historic discussion, dating way back to the introduction of the Resonator on modern vehicles. When I was a young man, late 1960s, the two most discussed topics in the Automotive world was the travel of current in a Battery, positive to negative or Vice versa. The question was, which battery cable to remove first, negative or positive. And the discussion of Muffler vs Resonator.

But, you are correct about silencing. They’re both designed to silence... one targeting frequency (Resonator) and the other targeting decibels (Muffler).

Mopar don’t care what you call them, because they don’t sell them independently. And you can buy a better-sounding aftermarket Cat-back system for half the price.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Indeed. I see your arguement and relative experience that makes your point. We call those items different names in Britain so I won't shed a tear for incorrect use of description :-D
-Not sure if I'd spend any money at all on performance upgrades for the srt though. I'd sooner trade-up to a GT-R or a Trackhawk as it looks very expensive supercharging this motor from the advice I've been given on this site.

Where do you stand on the accuracy of the information provided by the SRT on-board computer? Mine (Night edition) reads 0-60mph as 4.3 seconds, and the display shows 498bhp at full throttle in one gear/one occassion when red-lining up into high numbers. I'm also yet to lose a drag race :p
Should I believe these or roll them in sugar to sweeten the taste of the lies?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Indeed. I see your arguement and relative experience that makes your point. We call those items different names in Britain so I won't shed a tear for incorrect use of description :-D
-Not sure if I'd spend any money at all on performance upgrades for the srt though. I'd sooner trade-up to a GT-R or a Trackhawk as it looks very expensive supercharging this motor from the advice I've been given on this site.

Where do you stand on the accuracy of the information provided by the SRT on-board computer? Mine (Night edition) reads 0-60mph as 4.3 seconds, and the display shows 498bhp at full throttle in one gear/one occassion when red-lining up into high numbers. I'm also yet to lose a drag race :p
Should I believe these or roll them in sugar to sweeten the taste of the lies?
Upgrading the SRT is always a tough decision. Especially if you make software changes, because you lock yourself out of Chrysler software upgrades.
I went all in with my modifications... bought a Stroker short block from BES Racing Engines, Comp Cam, heads ported & polished, Kooks long tube Headers/full exhaust, lifters, pushrods, Rocker Arms, Entire different Fuel System, ProCharger D1X, Water/Methanol System, Software Tuning, paramount Transmission & Torque Converter, Aluminum Drive shafts.
The amount of money I’ve spent on it, I’ll never get it back in a Sale or Trade-in So, I’m basically stuck with it. There’s also two Chrysler software update that I can’t do because they require overwriting the fuel mapping segment. The bright side for me is that my truck is paid for and I can do whatever I want with it.
But, your point is well taken. It’s a tough choice to make. I often considered buying a Trackhawk and leaving it stock.
I’m not a big fan of using the SRT Performance Pages to measure performance times, because the vehicle self-reports to Chrysler. If you have a register account with Mopar.Com/myvehicle/performancereports, you can see all your performance times. I just felt like, by creating a system that self-report, they are spying on me. So I used it once and never used it again. Not sure how accurate it is. When I first bought my truck, with headers, High-flow Cats, an X-Pipe, CAI and a tune, it showed my 0-60 time at 3.7, which I thought was a little exaggerated. Considering now that’s it’s fully built with 894hp, and my 0-60, measured with a dragy, is 3.3. I’m not sure which one is more accurate, but don’t remember anyone on these forums reporting Sub 4 seconds times with just a minor tune.

So, to answer your question, it’s possible the SRT Performance Pages may be a bit optimistic.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Comprehensive thanks.
It may well be that the jeep gently lies to me.
I'm happy with the performance for what it is though as I can fill it with building materials and still get a wriggle on. If only the trackhawk was closer to £40k

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you fit all of your upgrades yourself?
I did lots of consultations with:
Tony Bischoff of BES Racing Engines, High Performance Drag Racing Engines - BES Racing – BES Racing Engines

Joshua Schwartz of HHP Racing
High Horse Performance

Jeffrey Peritore of Comp Cams
https://www.compcams.com

Dave Weber of Modern Muscle Performance (Transmission)
https://www.modernmusclextreme.com

They all helped me selected the right components for the build. The local Jeep Dealer helped me with the actual mechanical work.

I used a local machine shop to Port & Polished my Cylinder Heads and set the Valve Springs riding height.
Also a local tuner did the final dyno Tuning.

It’s fun consulting with others and putting it all together. It can get costly, but I think it’s worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 19 SRT, looking to improve the sound and my preference is the Borla S Type. Their website shows the axle backs for 2012-14 but reading around it sounds like it should still work on a 2019. Can anyone confirm that? If so, what is the install like?
I have a Borla S Type axle back for sale. $600
It was on my Jeep for two weeks.
Original Box
Let me know if anyone is interested.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts