Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This time on NT05R and didn't really matter , Huge traction issue .. Had me short shift to 2nd at 4k :mad: . Since i waited from 9AM to 3 PM for one Sticking pass i said Phuk it and went for it anyways .. well my traps speed speaks for them self's as i basically went 100MPH In the 1/8 , if i had a dead hook 10's would of being possible ... Till next time at Atco now I guess . Notice how i closed the Gap quickly on that car after regaining traction as we had same RT and he had a 1.56 60' .
Car 908

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Awesome Paul, your 1/8th MPH is sick, gotta get that 60 down. U full weight?
Just Rear seat pulled , but Yeah I really thought i had the 60' issue solved with DR's , had them air down to 20 psi .

Impressive as heck 1/8 mph. I smells 10's at Atco if you can get the traction taken care of.

Jim
Oh i have no doubt that a have a 10 second beast , just a matter of time to nailed it down as i have limited passes at each track i go :D

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Paul, what did they tell you that you say they kicked you out for good now? They didn't tell you to come back when you have a cage?
How many times in the past have they warned you before for running under the 11.5?
Man to not hook with those tires the track prep sucked big time or you have crazy torque or maybe both lol :D.
Spinning and all, those are very impressive numbers.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Great times! It's only a matter of time before you hit 10s. I guess it's time to finally get a roll cage.

:D So what did you tell the track officials to convince them to let you run?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Cheaaaa, i gave u a ring last week... hit me up bro...the times speak for themselves..

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Great trap speed man. It's a shame they won't let you run anymore.We need to figure a way to heat up the rear DR's,otherwise they seem kinda pointless.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Nice run paulo and with that -DA on that run IF you had hooked you would of seen a 10.90 pass. I see why the 6 hr wait as they had a lot going on as i went to 1320 live.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
The trick with the NT05R's is drive on them to the track so when you get there they are sticky as sh!t....no cool down, run the beast while everything is hot.

Also a rear will help get power to both rear tires. (Not sure you have a stock rear?)

If you plan on drag racing alot, cage it and forget about it. In that run with a 1.5 60 ft. You probably would have been 11.0's

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Paul, what did they tell you that you say they kicked you out for good now? They didn't tell you to come back when you have a cage?
How many times in the past have they warned you before for running under the 11.5?
Man to not hook with those tires the track prep sucked big time or you have crazy torque or maybe both lol :D.
Spinning and all, those are very impressive numbers.
Second time Mario .. so he told me all the required equipment i need and told me with a smile on he's face "Don't come back with out those things cuz you won't make a pass" . I think not being able to heat the tires up hurt my launch as well .

Great times! It's only a matter of time before you hit 10s. I guess it's time to finally get a roll cage.

:D So what did you tell the track officials to convince them to let you run?

he he , well took my chance and passed tech Inspection

Cheaaaa, i gave u a ring last week... hit me up bro...the times speak for themselves..
Will do Mike :)

Great trap speed man. It's a shame they won't let you run anymore.We need to figure a way to heat up the rear DR's,otherwise they seem kinda pointless.
Yah Jake , the fact we can't heat them up does hurt man ..

Nice run paulo and with that -DA on that run IF you had hooked you would of seen a 10.90 pass. I see why the 6 hr wait as they had a lot going on as i went to 1320 live.
Yeah Jim , even spinning if i hadn't shortening my 1-2 shift it would of being .1-.2 Faster ..

Nice, time for a cage!....hehe
Thinking about it now he he , I first will handle my fuel system that needs help :eek:

The trick with the NT05R's is drive on them to the track so when you get there they are sticky as sh!t....no cool down, run the beast while everything is hot.

Also a rear will help get power to both rear tires. (Not sure you have a stock rear?)

If you plan on drag racing alot, cage it and forget about it. In that run with a 1.5 60 ft. You probably would have been 11.0's
I drove 120 miles with them on , got done with inspection by 9AM and didn't make a pass till 2:58 PM ...On top of spinning out the hole i didn't have a chance to get full advantage out of my first gear .. At 25 MPH I was in 2nd gear already (notice my nose dropping immediately) .. so combining the short shifting + spinning , i got robbed lots of few tenths . I think with a solid 1.5s 60' it would being in the 10's

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Sucks to be you Paulo.;) How are you launching it?

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol , HB Building boost and letting it rip .. My converter flashes as 3600 , I'll be sending you my fuel Hat shortly .

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
You need some suspension help. Watch as you come out of the hole. You rear end is hopping. I used to get that. Everytime you hop the suspension comes unloaded. You'll never dead hook like that.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Time for a cage or private track rental. Jeep looks to be ripping.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Few things Paulo, first congrats on those MPH times man, freaking ridiculous that you're almost at 100mph at the 1/8th mile. If you can get that 60ft down and stop spinning you will easily hit/break 100 at the 1/8th mile and in result your 1/4 mph and ET will be better. You definitely need a wave trac or something to keep your jeep from lifting up man. Gotta fix that squatted stance. I think then you will definitely be capable of a 10 second pass. What was the temperature like?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Paulo, sucks you got kicked out. Hopefully you get everything ready for Atco for some 10's.

Reactions: m4xm1l10n

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Damn sucks you got the boot Pauly! I think next time roll up in 2wd mode and heat them tires up and let it rip! I guess its easier said then done bro worth a try though.... That should do it hopefully.....

Reactions: m4xm1l10n
1 - 20 of 47 Posts