Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot figure this out to save my life. Demon performance turbo kit, greddy profec, stock everything else. At this point yes I know how to adjust the greddy profec. I'm able to get boost to hit 7psi and hold it pretty level throughout 4th gear from a roll. Now when I go from a stop it's like a slug, making like no boost and according to the handheld tuner running 13.8 in 1/4 mile. I know it's not dead on but I've recently ran 13s at the track because of this problem. Please help lol

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
I'm curious if Johan actually looks at datalogs. A member here was sending him datalogs without actually logging AFR and Johan kept replying everything looks good... said members jeep was running horrifically btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The ModMan
5,763 Posts
I'm curious if Johan actually looks at datalogs. A member here was sending him datalogs without actually logging AFR and Johan kept replying everything looks good... said members jeep was running horrifically btw.

Clairvoyance (/klɛɹˈvɔɪəns/ or /klɛəˈvɔɪəns/) (from French clair meaning "clear" and voyance meaning "vision") is the alleged ability to gain information about an object, person, location or physical event through extrasensory perception.

·
Premium Member
4,996 Posts
Johan hooked mine up at the track so I could run consistent, pretty sure he checked my logs, but who knows. Dialed it right in.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Johan hooked mine up at the track so I could run consistent, pretty sure he checked my logs, but who knows. Dialed it right in.

Well when he is telling a guy everything is ok when there is no way to tell how his fuel is at WOT is then something is not right....

Basically he gave the guy a super conservative tune that runs rich as shit and has like 0 timing. Ya it'll run consistent.... consistently slow

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Ha ha G1^^^^^
But I didn't run that slooowwwww......

Yours ran good. My guess is he has built a library based off different combinations and just pushes those tunes out with extra fuel and less timing. Kind of like a canned map.

·
Premium Member
4,996 Posts
I can totally see that. Probably built from the past experience which I don't necessarily think is a bad start. I guess you only really know when your really pushing it.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
I can totally see that. Probably built from the past experience which I don't necessarily think is a bad start. I guess you only really know when your really pushing it.

Yup or you as the owner know how to interpret your own logs....

The problem is you pay a guy to build you a custom tune and just interpolating a few different similar tunes is not the way to do it.

·
Premium Member
4,996 Posts
Some of it is also on the owner to log the shit out of it and make sure it is getting done right. I logged a lot.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Some of it is also on the owner to log the shit out of it and make sure it is getting done right. I logged a lot.

So true - it's a two way street. The tuner should let the owner know when something is not being logged that should be logged like fuel LOL

·
Snail On Board
4,365 Posts
Hmm thought I was was going crazy there are two threads going with this same title and identical 1st post read the other one earlier then this one just now wondering where all of the other posts went glad I'm ok :)

·
Premium Member
4,996 Posts
Builds with power adders...

Hey! I have had no issues for a tonnnnnn of miles. Very happy with the performance also this far. Granite I am not pushing like you are, so I can see where the difference could be. I guess we will see soon enough........

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Hey! I have had no issues for a tonnnnnn of miles. Very happy with the performance also this far. Granite I am not pushing like you are, so I can see where the difference could be. I guess we will see soon enough........

Part throttle uses 02 feedback so you don't need need external AFR data to dial it in ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts