Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
You buying a Trinity? Using gauge pods? I would say get a Trinity and use the Pseudo boost, add a A/F sensor and fuel pressure sensor.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trinity is coming later when I have some money again to get one. Already have a Innovate AF that I will be moving to the Trinity later, just got a gauge with it for now. I have one of those double pod A pilar mounts. Planning on replaceing the AF with a fuel press. when I move it to the Trinity later.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Trinity is coming later when I have some money again to get one. Already have a Innovate AF that I will be moving to the Trinity later, just got a gauge with it for now. I have one of those double pod A pilar mounts. Planning on replaceing the AF with a fuel press. when I move it to the Trinity later.

Jim
Well why don't you stick with the same brand and buy one from Innovate? What are you going to do with the 2nd input on the Trinity?

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At some point I will move everything over to the Trinity would make everything easier & I'm sure it would make Joel happier also. Found alot of good info over on LX for hooking it all up. Just looking to get my butt covered with everything cheaply right now. This SC wasn't part of the original plan & while as of right now everything is paid in full. I'm saving my a$$ off for the next month to get the tranny in there from the beginning.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
At some point I will move everything over to the Trinity would make everything easier & I'm sure it would make Joel happier also. Found alot of good info over on LX for hooking it all up. Just looking to get my butt covered with everything cheaply right now. This SC wasn't part of the original plan & while as of right now everything is paid in full. I'm saving my a$$ off for the next month to get the tranny in there from the beginning.

Jim
Cool. I didn't waste any money buying gauges. Went with the Trinity from the get go and the necessary sensors.

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Chad.... do you have fuel pressure hooked to you Trinity? If so.... what sensor did you use? I know BJB has been trying to get his Autometer to work with the Trinity with no luck.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Chad.... do you have fuel pressure hooked to you Trinity? If so.... what sensor did you use? I know BJB has been trying to get his Autometer to work with the Trinity with no luck.
I bought an aeroforce one and it just shipped today. Will let you know when it arrives. Shouldn't be any different than a A/F sensor for set up. Is the one he has 0-5v? Maybe he needs a 5v regulator to lower the voltage down.

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_sensors_oil.html

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I dont like my AEM digital boost gauge very much...

I will probably pull it off, sell it, and buy a mechanical boost gauge.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont like my AEM digital boost gauge very much...

I will probably pull it off, sell it, and buy a mechanical boost gauge.
Thanks, I just wasn't sure if there was any difference between electrical & mechanical, as far as readings.

I went with the AutoMeter Cobalt full sweep electric boost gauge. I have the same one in my Roush.

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=2569&sid=4
Thats the one I was looking at but if mechanical works just fine will most likely grab on of those to save some money right now for the tranny.

Jim

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Thanks, I just wasn't sure if there was any difference between electrical & mechanical, as far as readings.

Thats the one I was looking at but if mechanical works just fine will most likely grab on of those to save some money right now for the tranny.

Jim

With a mechanical gauge you will have to run tubing all the way to the gauge. The electric gauge uses a sending unit near the pick-up point, so only wires have to be run to the gauge. Reading wise, they should be pretty much the same.
I have all mechanical gauges in my 97 Cobra, and it was a PITA installing them.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With a mechanical gauge you will have to run tubing all the way to the gauge. The electric gauge uses a sending unit near the pick-up point, so only wires have to be run to the gauge. Reading wise, they should be pretty much the same.
I have all mechanical gauges in my 97 Cobra, and it was a PITA installing them.
Thanks, Andy will be installing mine LOL Maybe I'll be nice & see which type he would prefer I get.

Jim

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am going with the Mech Cobalt Boost and Electric cobalt Fuel Pressure. They match the cluster pretty close.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Good thread Jim! I will be in the same boat as well...

Does anyone know what manufacture makes these Boost, Fuel pressure gaueges , but with a Digital display versus the Analog display? I hate looking at these analog gauges....

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I have areoforce digital gauges...to read the boost what else do i need to hook up to the gauge?

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
I have areoforce digital gauges...to read the boost what else do i need to hook up to the gauge?
The directions in the box.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.