Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i had my drivers side b pillar replaced under warranty because it was scratched and i ended up getting a pillar that is blank, it says nothing on it. i am looking to buy/trade for a pillar that says srs on it, because i have 1 pillar that says it and 1 that doesnt, and it looks out of place. my pillar is perfect for wrapping, it still has the square cut out, but does not say anything on it, so any kind of vynil wrap/di noc will lay on it perfectly, compared to a regular pillar with srs airbag engraved in it. let me know. thank you.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know off hand if the logo is separately attached or stamped? im thinking that whoever made the pillar at the factory forgot to stamp it(if it is stamped), because the rectangular cutout is still there, it just doesnt say anything, and from what ive seen, the pillars that are blank are completely flat. i believe 2006 and early 2007 models were this way, where the srs logo was in the headliner and the pillar was completely flat, and sometime in 07 they started stamping the pillars and did away with the headliner logo.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Very unlikely that they 'forgot' to stamp. Its probably another part with another # that attaches. Call your dealers parts dept.
Only other explanation is if the part superceded to a newer # and the stamp plate is no longer produced - which I highly doubt.
Could be wrong, but to me it sounds like they never ordered/installed it.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
perfect chance to have all your pillars smoothed and painted or wrapped in suede/leather.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
anyone know how to get the B and C pillars out to wrap/paint?? are they easy to remove with the seatbelys in the way? any help would be cool. thnaks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts