Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife and I pull out of the driveway this morning dont even get a km down the road and all of a sudden a huge clunk the jeep slowed down big time after the clunk then a loud squeal. Pulled over but its snowy and messy couldnt see much managed to drive real slow back home and now im worried as $hit. When I pulled into driveway i could hear a grinding noise as well. The jeep is a 2010, just bought it a month ago, and unfortunately dont think i have a warranty left on it. Did not notice any signs of this before either, just totally out of the blue.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little bit ya, like she nose dived abit when it initially happened. It was a very loud noise i immediately knew something busted and was like fack.....Then i putted real slow going home and it seemed okay then felt a grind stopping and turning i felt like as well, but its also hard to be sure because the roads had snow on them..... bumper brackets seem fine

· Registered
1,151 Posts
The US 10's have a 5/100 powertrain warranty if your still stock. If you have a tune install the factory one before taking it to the dealer.

Jim
^^ This.

It's the reason I don't have a snail on the jeep yet :D

Oh wait... and I'm broke... :rofl:

Reactions: J&D's SRT's

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Sounds like the transfercase to me.... You can remove the transfercase motor and if the grinding goes away and the Jeep drives smoothly then all you need is to buy a new transfercase motor and not
the transfercase it self....

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's the problem... We imported it out of the States into Canada which I'm pretty sure voids the warranty. Wondering if I can take it to the States to have the warranty work done. Not sure if I should have it towed or try to drive it there? If I take the transfer case motor out doesn't that disengage the whole thing?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I removed the t-case motor and took it for a quick spin, all seemed fine......it seemed a little louder on driver side but I imagine just because of the motor being off just kidn of seemed like a wind noise type thing.......but drove fine, didnt notice any major noises. The only thing that gets me how do I know if its the motor now or the t-case itself. Because when it initially happened there was a loud clunk like something broke, which leads me to something internal in the t-case but this is just me thinking in my head here....

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No did not see any leaks.....although i wasnt enjoying laying under there in -10 degree weather. I dont know how to describe it to me I just noticed a little more noise on drivers side where I removed the motor......but again i have never driven with the radio off either lol,

· Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
you may just be hyper sensitive to any noise now.... happened to me. paranoid....lol

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well front diff is facked! Had to order a new one today, not impressed with my srt experience so far

17,142 Posts
Well front diff is facked! Had to order a new one today, not impressed with my srt experience so far
Damn that sucks man.... So what the status of your Transfercase then?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They said theres nothing wrong with it they immediately knew the diff was facked

17,142 Posts
They said theres nothing wrong with it they immediately knew the diff was facked
Oh I see.... EEEEEE..... Is this out of warranty or under warranty still?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Warranty was voided when i brought it into Canada..............just kicking myself right now wish I would have bought in Canada at this point, now im going to be afraid to even have fun in it waiting for the next thing to let go. On my way in with it today the radio shut off for no frigin reason, im like are you kidding me and the wife told me it happened to her the other day as well.

17,142 Posts
Warranty was voided when i brought it into Canada..............just kicking myself right now wish I would have bought in Canada at this point, now im going to be afraid to even have fun in it waiting for the next thing to let go. On my way in with it today the radio shut off for no frigin reason, im like are you kidding me and the wife told me it happened to her the other day as well.
Damn some bad luck man...... Ouch.....

· Registered
1,249 Posts
I don't think it voids the warranty, the dealer just isn't obligated to honour it. Did you try any other dealers ? What city are you in ?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im in Kingston, ON

they said today that Chrysler wont honor the warranty, almost every other manufacture will but not Chrysler. I cant see them lying to me either because I do alot of work for this dealer at our autobody shop, I was hoping they could hook me up, but no such thing. At least I got the diff for cost.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.