Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting rid of my 2 door wrangler for a better family ride. So I was going to get a used SRT8 Cherokee. I wanted the DVD player for the kids so I was going to go with a 2009 since I don't think that was not an option for 2010. I am going to throw a Vortech, high flow cats, and headers on right away too. Is 2009 a good choice or is the 2010 better and put in a aftermarket DVD? I was not sure if there are more performance options on the older SRT8.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Performance is the same for all wk1 srt8's.. 2008's and older have some nice interior upgrades, and if you have luxury opion 2 you will have the dvd player already installed!

Btw, welcome to the forum! And good luck with your search!

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
2013 should be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the useful reply Jeep Trick. It looks like they took some of the features away in 2010. Looks like I will start looking for 2009.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Don't kid yourself though man... for the right price an 06-08 would look just as good in the driveway and you'd enjoy it all the same.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Considering 10 of the top 11 are either an 06 or 07...... that's my answer.;)

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have an '09 with every available option and I can say you won't go wrong if you can find one. Heck, even the rear seats are heated and the DVD is nice factory installed. Also, I absolutely would NOT buy one without the Kicker audio unless you get a really good deal and then you can buy all the factory parts and install later. It's a great system. Common problem you're going to find is that people jack the rear sub when they sell or trade it in. >50% of the SRT's I found optioned for kicker were missing the sub (including the one I bought). I was lucky to find one for cheap on ebay but they're not on there often.

The compunine VIN decoder was invaluable during my search but since it's no longer around not sure how you can quickly search for options by VIN.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My kicker is crap, I dont even use the sub. Buy an 08.

·
JEEP SRT since 2006
1,296 Posts

but just buy any of them and get a pair of iPads in the back for the kids, there are cheap seat rest hangars.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
09 if you've got kids as it still has the rear dvd & sat. TV. They took those options out in 10. The 10's however have a 5/100 powertrain where the other years only have 3/36.

Jim

·
JEEP SRT since 2006
1,296 Posts
09 if you've got kids as it still has the rear dvd & sat. TV. They took those options out in 10. The 10's however have a 5/100 powertrain where the other years only have 3/36.

Jim
My old 2006 had the 7" DVD screen, awesome for the time, pathetic by today's standards, 6 years later.

Other years got upgraded sizes of the rear screen but still only up to near iPad level at the last year I think:
http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_dvd.htm

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
Yes sir, not 'officially banned' but can't get on none the less....
None of your concern yaccster. How would you deal with someone who created multiple accounts only to spam this site with numerous visitor messages directing members to other sites? Oh, and lets not forget his image with the site names he attempted to plaster here several times because he thought he was funny. I tried to reason with the guy soldier to soldier and at one time thought I was getting somewhere only to have him pull the same crap in what he thought was his personal little playground. I got tired of cleaning up after him.

Bernie

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
If the factory DVD is important, the '09 had the largest one before being discontinued '10. Both the '09-10 have pretty much the same features. I would definately be wanting the Kicker system. Way better than the Boston on IMO. Good luck in your search!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.