Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, question, what would be the best non-CAI intake option on the market for the WK2 right now? I've seen the drop in K&N filter, is there a reputable short pipe intake upgrade option out there that people have had a good experience with?

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
So you want a hot air intake?

Why not upgrade to the cold air intake kits?

If your not wanting a cold air intake, I would run the stock filter setup or run a k&n filter

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Stage 6 would be your best bet. They are vendors here and Hennessey will rape your wallet. Stage 6 has a superior rep here as well as customer service. PM Harrison and he'll hook you up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. Interesting trade-off between the two. Larger filter head or heat shield... the Hennessey setup sounds like its breathing better, but it could just be the sound quality + poor rev in the Stage 6 video. Have they dyno'd the Stage 6? Hennessey boasts +11whp, any idea how much Stage 6 adds?

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I saw some improvement with just the K&N drop in filter. I have one listed for sale now since I put my bwoody on.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Just remember those Dyno runs are with an open hood and more than likely fans blowing into the car. What happens once the hoods shut? I see heat soak issues for sure!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm thinking hood closed no fans for stock pull. Hood open with fans for CAI pull.

Jim
I disagree. I've added short ram intakes to various vehicles in the past and have noticed nice gains. There's no denying that going the CAI route would net me an extra 3-5 WHP, but at the end of the day that's a sacrifice I can live with if it means I can go through a small puddle if needed without white-knuckling my way through in fear of blowing my motor. Will the short ram Hennessey model get me 11 WHP on a warm LA day with the hood shut? No. But will it give me an extra little kick and noticeable audible improvement, absolutely. Plus once I upgrade exhaust and possibly headers, the difference is negligible... just my .02.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
I disagree. I've added short ram intakes to various vehicles in the past and have noticed nice gains. There's no denying that going the CAI route would net me an extra 3-5 WHP, but at the end of the day that's a sacrifice I can live with if it means I can go through a small puddle if needed without white-knuckling my way through in fear of blowing my motor. Will the short ram Hennessey model get me 11 WHP on a warm LA day with the hood shut? No. But will it give me an extra little kick and noticeable audible improvement, absolutely. Plus once I upgrade exhaust and possibly headers, the difference is negligible... just my .02.
Sorry, wasn't trying to offend. It was meant to be more of a joke because of the reputation that company has around here.

Jim

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry, wasn't trying to offend. It was meant to be more of a joke because of the reputation that company has around here.

Jim
None taken! :) I'm sure I could figure it with enough time spent searching, but in a nut-shell, what's up with their reputation? Do they have a history of bad product? Bad service? Or just over-priced? I'm new to the American after-market scene having owned Japanese / German my whole life outside of my '01 GC.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
None taken! :) I'm sure I could figure it with enough time spent searching, but in a nut-shell, what's up with their reputation? Do they have a history of bad product? Bad service? Or just over-priced? I'm new to the American after-market scene having owned Japanese / German my whole life outside of my '01 GC.
Here's a good old thread recently reposted in another thread lots of good laughs. You can also search user name Carl Spackler for this is none other than John himself, he used his real name for a while also. They do seem to be trying to turn their reputation around but not to sure about that quater million dollar Jeep.

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622&highlight=hennessy

Jim

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.