Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2020 SRT. I just ordered a muffler delete kit, therefore, I’m not interested in another exhaust.

if I want to add some more power (maybe 25-30 hp), can someone tell me a good aftermarket part to put on? A cold air intake perhaps?

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Not much you can do other than engine sound performance.
The 392 is already well engineered.
Cold Air Intake is sound only, better if you run an open element with a filter bag over it.
Headers will only give you 10-15 hp and cost 3k and need a tune to delete an O2 late code.
Adding a cam?
Cam is a major job may as well go non MDS lifters then so cam, lifters and headers $6k+ for 25 hp and you void your warranty and maybe fubar your car.
Supercharging will cost you up to $20k with a forged engine and tune.
The 392 cast pistons are notoriously weak and fragile for SC.
I broke one at 6 psi.
If you want more power you should trade in your SRT for a Trackhawk.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I’ve got the AFE Momentum GT cold air intake, AFE claims a 35 hp gain. I also installed their throttle body spacer at the same time. It replaced a “drop-in” style K&N air filter that I had got at Walmart, lol. According to my onboard timers I picked up a consistent .1 sec on 0-60 and .2 on 1/4 mile. Not sure about real world hp gains, as I’ve never had any dyno time. All said and done I’m happy with it. It looks good and sounds pretty cool.

On a side note, I just installed AFE catback exhaust yesterday too. It sounds pretty good and was a breeze to install.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here's a very important question I doubt has been asked ?

How reliable are the figures produced by the on-board computer on the SRT?
I have the Night edition so understand I have some lightweight wheels/suspension etc etc, and wondered if the numbers my srt app gives (built into the drivers binnacle) are actually reliable?

I see 498bhp when flat-out (I think this is in top end of fifth gear), and my 0-60mph from a standstill (no launch control used) is 4.3/4.4 seconds consistent? I also seem to get better 0-60 when I'm going uphill and not on a flat road so assume the rears get more power and then traction when booting it off the line?

To add: I use 99ron fuel and the air is cool where I am, my altitude is approx 22.0m

·
Registered
83 Posts
I’m not sure about accuracy but they seem to be consistent. Mine doesn’t have launch control, I two-foot it off the line and as long as don’t get wheel spin I consistently get 4.4. I always test on the same road, from the same starting point, and at roughy the same time of day on my way home from work.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mine was 4.3 with almost a full tank of fuel.
The effort beforehand was 4.4
I'm happy to post a picture but not sure how to upload to the post?

I obviously can't take an image of the 498bhp as that would be plain silly and I'd likely explode and burn as I flipped the bus. Unless I propped my phone for a video and took a still image.

I think your mate has left the conversation......

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Mine was 4.3 with almost a full tank of fuel.
The effort beforehand was 4.4
I'm happy to post a picture but not sure how to upload to the post?

I obviously can't take an image of the 498bhp as that would be plain silly and I'd likely explode and burn as I flipped the bus. Unless I propped my phone for a video and took a still image.

I think your mate has left the conversation......
Use

Postimage

It's free and no ads then you just copy and paste a link and it displays nice big pictures in posts.
I used to use Photobucket but a few years ago they started demanding fees to display links so I went with Postimage.
The inhouse picture attachment option here is not as good and shows tiny thumbnails you have to click on.
Plus Postimage links work in PMs where there is no inhouse picture attachment option.

·
Registered
11 Posts
AFE Momentum GT CAI
Fastman 86mm TB
Catch can
Mopar Lowering Springs
Stock exhaust
Stock was running consistent 4.4s-4.5s. With these mods running consistent 4.1s.

·
Registered
2019 jeep grand cherokee srt
1 Posts
I also have the AFE intake and the Catback exhaust system. I have an oil catch can too. Do you think that the throttle body space is worth the trouble?

I’ve got the AFE Momentum GT cold air intake, AFE claims a 35 hp gain. I also installed their throttle body spacer at the same time. It replaced a “drop-in” style K&N air filter that I had got at Walmart, lol. According to my onboard timers I picked up a consistent .1 sec on 0-60 and .2 on 1/4 mile. Not sure about real world hp gains, as I’ve never had any dyno time. All said and done I’m happy with it. It looks good and sounds pretty cool.

On a side note, I just installed AFE catback exhaust yesterday too. It sounds pretty good and was a breeze to install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm running AFE GT Momentum, Granatelli 95mm TB, Xforce 304ss cat back with anti drone canisters, and just installed RIPP Superchargers Hemi Coil pack, plus installed Bwoody performance suspension upgrade kit, my car is currently pulling 0-60 in 4.0

1 - 16 of 16 Posts