Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Because it has been asked more than any other question your best bet is to use the search button and you'll find lots on it. There really is no determined best CAI it's all preference. None will provide significant gains so go with what looks best to you.

Reactions: PR Danny

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
The BEST CAI are the two Ive got for sale in the classifieds section on this forum. LOL!

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Best is a turbo or supercharger lol ;)

I like Volant w/ dual snorkel mod or bwoody

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Best is a turbo or supercharger lol ;)

I like Volant w/ dual snorkel mod or bwoody

Sent from my iPhone 4S
What he said! Lol!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
784 Posts
bwoody 4". It reaches underneath the engine to actually get a cold air intake. A lot of intakes stay above or near the engine and suck in the warm engine air. IMO

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
bwoody 4". It reaches underneath the engine to actually get a cold air intake. A lot of intakes stay above or near the engine and suck in the warm engine air. IMO
Hellz yeah, Bro! And their cheap in the used section!

(shameless self promotion)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
If you run the Bwoody, get the optional DryCharger for it. That thing stopped a lot of dirt/salt/sand from getting trapped in the pleats of the filter when I ran a Bwoody.
Has anyone ever double bagged it? Lol

Yes, a dry charger is recommended.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
how does the Arrington CAI work out for you?
Works out great. Only difference I notice from the Bwoody is that my filter cover stays clean now, LOL. The one on my Bwoody would get filthy in the winter.

Has anyone ever double bagged it? Lol

Yes, a dry charger is recommended.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
LOL. While not a "DryCharger" I run a similar style cover on the bigger AFE filter I put on my Arrington. I like them for all pleated filters.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Just signed up and your first post is a link to a bwoody intake knock off? Also, the linked intake is for a WK2 and this is a WK1 thread. The two identical reviews on the site also seem fake to me. I'm a bit skeptical here....

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Found on Road Dead syndrome:D

·
Registered
339 Posts
This Probably Been Talked About Many Times But Im looking To Get A Cold Air Intake But Undecided Which One To Get ? Any Suggestions :confused:
Get whatever one you think looks coolest. They don't do that much for performance honestly, other than at WOT possibly....but very minor. Some people like the sound they make when you get into it. I have a Volant and I like that it has a filter box which can be dual fed with outside air. It is one of only a few true cold air intakes(cool air is more like it) and also its quiet, which I like. Easy install...an hour at most.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.