Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2010 srt and was wondering what ppl recommended for stock, Bwoody 4in or the arrington performance?

future mods might include a tune, thermostat and cat back

thanks for the help im new!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Congrats! Post some pics up ASAP! lol..

Both intakes are fine.. I had bwoody and loved it...

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
thanks, does anyone know if you can put a pre-filter on the arrington filter?
As in a drycharger? I don't see any reason why not.. But idk why you would need it.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As in a drycharger? I don't see any reason why not.. But idk why you would need it.
yes some call them drychargers some pre-filters, sorry.... the little sock that you can put on your filter to keep it cleaner.... i just wasnt sure what brand filters arrington uses as ive never seen orange filters before

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Oh, gotcha... i'm sure there is one.. I know alot of guys that get the arrington change it out for a bigger filter... Not sure which brand though. But it sits up high and covered in the bay... Unlike the bwoody, so you probably don't need one... Your call though.

By the way.. the beast looks sweet!!

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
IMO i think there all about the same for hp improvement. I have 1 that they dont make anymore but it does its job as my times show it with just 2 mods and everything else bone stock. If i had to buy 1 today it would be the AFE2 or the VOLANT. My GSM CAI is someting like the VOLANT.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I love my volat with dual snorkle mod, also with a dry charger. Plenty of cool air and not worried about water.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
afe is nice. i have it as well. really makes the truck scream. when i had a magnaflow exhaust it overpowered it, like 10 fold. you use the stock air box (lower half) so you can run the snorkel....

id sell mine if you were interested..

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think i like the volant with twin snorkel idea... should i even bother asking chrysler if the air intake will void my 100k power train warranty?

·
Registered
555 Posts
sorry about the question, but what is the "twin snorkel" mod???

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
CAI will not void anything, unless you get a Bwoody and you hydrolock your motor. Then they might look at it. I'm not sure were to get the twin snork mod, but the volant has 2 big holes in the box. You add something to draw air in from lower down. It works really well. I love mine. And if you want it to sound really loud you can take the cover off to impress the ladies. :)

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Get the BWoody and don't drove through water that's more than 18" deep. It's 18" from the ground to the bottom of the filter.

As for the dual snorkel mod.... I would imagine that's probably even worse for eater intrusion. You can fill the Volant box up with water. The brake ducts which are used in the mod to channel sit into the bottom of the Volant are incredibly low. You drove through something deep enough at 30mph, it's gonna shove water right up into that box.

I had the Volant when I bought the truck. Put it on the dyno. Ran it a few times. Pulled the cover off and gained a disgusting amount of power and my AFR's leaned out a decent bit. That was enough for me to determine IMO that the Volant was too restrictive for me.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Reactions: Colt

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I think i like the volant with twin snorkel idea... should i even bother asking chrysler if the air intake will void my 100k power train warranty?
You have a powertrain warranty? I called Chrysler at 40,000 miles in regards to a tranny issue, and they said that they do not give this warranty on the SRT models. Oh well, I am past any warranty now anyways, and all issues are fixed.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts