Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Did you remove the bump stops? How low did you go?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Everyone

Having some issues with my BC Racing setup.
I have an 07, replaced the suspension with the BC Racing Coilovers.
I've installed them so the Jeep sits at stock height.
I've tried setting the damper at the stiffest, softest and everything in between. Any time I hit a bump or a dip in the road, my back end is bottoming out HARD.
Bump stops are already gone, they broke off years ago.

Can anyone figure out why this is still happening? That was the main reason I switched out the OEM suspension.

I'm in the Toronto area if anyone else is in the same area.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,008 Posts
Hi Everyone

Having some issues with my BC Racing setup.

I have an 07, replaced the suspension with the BC Racing Coilovers.

I've installed them so the Jeep sits at stock height.

I've tried setting the damper at the stiffest, softest and everything in between. Any time I hit a bump or a dip in the road, my back end is bottoming out HARD.

Bump stops are already gone, they broke off years ago.

Can anyone figure out why this is still happening? That was the main reason I switched out the OEM suspension.

I'm in the Toronto area if anyone else is in the same area.

Thanks
Do you still have the bump stop perches back there? Did you get the comfort setup or the racing?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
So my mechanic says he doesn't know what I am talking about when I ask if he removed the bump stop cups. I am going to have to get under there myself and check.
When I ordered the suspension they didn't give me an option of comfort or sport. Just the BR series.

I'm bottoming out with no load in the car. Add a person or 2 and its almost undrivable...

·
Super Moderator
11,008 Posts
So my mechanic says he doesn't know what I am talking about when I ask if he removed the bump stop cups. I am going to have to get under there myself and check.
When I ordered the suspension they didn't give me an option of comfort or sport. Just the BR series.

I'm bottoming out with no load in the car. Add a person or 2 and its almost undrivable...
Just look behind the rear wheel and look at the top of the spring in the middle of it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I don't know if you still read this thread but I wanted to thank you for all the info. I recently purchased a 2007 that has the BC racing kit on it, looks good but if I hit any bumps while going down the road it sounds like the front end is going to fall off! I intend to go through the setup instructions you provided after I finish the SC install.

·
DONE
5,487 Posts
Hello, I don't know if you still read this thread but I wanted to thank you for all the info. I recently purchased a 2007 that has the BC racing kit on it, looks good but if I hit any bumps while going down the road it sounds like the front end is going to fall off! I intend to go through the setup instructions you provided after I finish the SC install.
Welcome to the forum!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts