Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery dies after leaving the vehicle for two days without starting it. The battery is only 1.25 years old. The tow guy said he thinks these vehicles with alot of technology like u-connect slow bleed the battery. Any thoughts?
I need a recommendation on the type of battery I should buy to replace the old one? The one I bot last was from Batteries Plus.
My left door speaker shorts out occasionally, any chance they are related?

The right rear tire pressure sensor says "--". Cheap fix?

2007 SRT8 Grand Cherokee
Thanks!

· Registered
3,440 Posts
Your battery is pooched, very common problem. Check the search function for tons of info on replacements.

· Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Before replacing too many batteries, have the parasitic current draw checked. It should be about 0.030A (30mA). Your vehicle should be able to set for up to two months with no problem starting - sometimes much longer.

· Registered
185 Posts
I would connect an ammeter (DMM set to amps) in series with the battery cable and see what the current draw is at when sitting with the key off. It should be close to 0amps. Should definitly be below 100mA. I just got rid of a Dodge Nitro that had an electrical draw that the dealer couldn't figure out. Battery would go dead every few days and they had replaced everything electrical. Glad I didn't have to pay for any of it. Hopefully you just have a bad battery. You could also disconnect your battery from the Jeep, charge it up, then check it in a day or two. If it falls below 12V you know your battery is shot... PM me if you need anymore info, I'm an electrical engineer by trade

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.