Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery just died, got a jump went and got a new one at autozone and the dude told me some horror stories about replacing batterys in cars like mine and stuff not working right. Mentioned having to take certain leads off first, or in some order?

Seems like a buncha crap to me, but just wanted to know, normal battery change just pop the ***** out? or is there something more to this before I go down and do it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
He may be thinking of other Chrysler products like the Challenger where you may need to recalibrate the windows and center the steering after a battery disconnect.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
He may be thinking of other Chrysler products like the Challenger where you may need to recalibrate the windows and center the steering after a battery disconnect.
really? holy crap... if my jeep did that, i'd take it out to pasture and shoot it.... if it cant even handle a battery swap, we need to re-think out technological "advancements"

·
Administrator
5,855 Posts
really? holy crap... if my jeep did that, i'd take it out to pasture and shoot it.... if it cant even handle a battery swap, we need to re-think out technological "advancements"
I wouldn't totally discount what he was told. There was a TBS advising that 2008-2009 various models with REN or REZ MyGig radios could be rendered inoperative by spikes if the fuse feed wasn't removed first - http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB_300C_Forums/TSB_0800309.pdf.

As far as the recalibration procedure goes for certain year LX's, well that was a simple matter of driving your windows all the way up and all the way down and turning the steering wheel all the way left and right.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Oh.... well then.... haha! I guess I should think twice next time i re-connect

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
You run the window down and hold for 2 sec then run it up and hold for 2 sec. Steering is lock to lock and then to center if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet

Thanks much for the info, scholars and gentlemen all of you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts