Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks after I bought my Jeep, it wouldnt start. Had to jump it, let it run, drive it around, a few hours later, dead again. Dealer puts in new battery. A week later, same thing. Its been sitting at the dealer since Saturday, they said Monday it fired right up. They tested it for parasitic loss, alternator charging, battery strength, everything checks out. They are going to keep it til Friday to see what happens.

Anyone have any idea WTF is going on here? It couldnt have just fixed itself. Is it only draining the battery when i drive somehow? This is a Honda dealer, not a Jeep dealer, but I dont know if Jeep will do anything different. Im really worried at this point that this thing is going to leave me stranded somewhere, not just dead in the parking lot of the office or a friends.

Any insight you guys have would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
A couple weeks after I bought my Jeep, it wouldnt start. Had to jump it, let it run, drive it around, a few hours later, dead again. Dealer puts in new battery. A week later, same thing. Its been sitting at the dealer since Saturday, they said Monday it fired right up. They tested it for parasitic loss, alternator charging, battery strength, everything checks out. They are going to keep it til Friday to see what happens.

Anyone have any idea WTF is going on here? It couldnt have just fixed itself. Is it only draining the battery when i drive somehow? This is a Honda dealer, not a Jeep dealer, but I dont know if Jeep will do anything different. Im really worried at this point that this thing is going to leave me stranded somewhere, not just dead in the parking lot of the office or a friends.

Any insight you guys have would be awesome. Thanks.
Make, model, year ? Take it to a jeep dealer dude, there might be a TSB for your problem. What is a Honda dealer going to know about Jeeps.

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Have a trinity plugged into it by any chance when you have it?

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
I was having many issues before and battery dead over night was one of them , All fixed since my ESM was changed . Just a thought .

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
I'm having this problem now. Computer has been changed per TSB, alternator has been changed, now the battery. Still having the problem.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2010 WK1 coming soon......
1,508 Posts
Honda techs wont have a clue what to do with your Jeep.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are right, and the dealer agrees. I spoke with the manager i have been dealing with and he promised they would take care of this problem. They have a CDJ dealer in their family that they are going to send the Jeep to. I mentioned some of the things i found on here and that you guys suggested too, and he said they would send it over there tonight.

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone.

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
I never found the actual TSB. The dealer said some years computers needed to be re-flashed due to it not switching the alternator regulator, however, my dealer chooses to replace the computer rather than flash it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.