Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'll start off with saying I'm a car stereo idiot. Now that thats out of the way I plan on running 3 factory kicker subs(Had single, got duals, wires there for all 3 so just building a new box)

Is there any way to add a bass controller so I can turn the bass up and down on just them and not the whole car?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
yes there is actually, what youll need to do is pick up a crossover that has a remote level control, bass knob, with it(about $40 tops)...when you hook up your amp what youll want to do is run the rca leads from the tie in point to the new crossover as opposed to straight to the amp...then you will run the subwoofer output of the crossover to the 1st amp in line then daisy chain to the next one by using the rca outputs of the 1st amp to go to the rca inputs of the 2nd amp...when you get it hooked up disconnect the bass knob and tune the amps...now once you get them set up plug the bass knob back in and your done, by doing it this way you cannot overpower the amps by turning up the bass knob, the knob at 100% will be the level you set the system up to while you had it unplugged...hope this helps

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes there is actually, what youll need to do is pick up a crossover that has a remote level control, bass knob, with it(about $40 tops)...when you hook up your amp what youll want to do is run the rca leads from the tie in point to the new crossover as opposed to straight to the amp...then you will run the subwoofer output of the crossover to the 1st amp in line then daisy chain to the next one by using the rca outputs of the 1st amp to go to the rca inputs of the 2nd amp...when you get it hooked up disconnect the bass knob and tune the amps...now once you get them set up plug the bass knob back in and your done, by doing it this way you cannot overpower the amps by turning up the bass knob, the knob at 100% will be the level you set the system up to while you had it unplugged...hope this helps
Thanks I think I understand what your saying but I'm using all the factory equipment, including the 3 factory amps. I believe they are all in parallel so can I still daisy chain in a bass controller? And is it even possible to tune the factory amps?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
youll still be able to adjust the bass output on the subs but let me do a little digging and ill get back to you....being as this is running off of the factory head unit you may be able to just run a rotary knob on the sub channel line to limit the signal before it even gets to the amp without even using the crossover......now my gears are turning

Reactions: bcm0018

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
youll still be able to adjust the bass output on the subs but let me do a little digging and ill get back to you....being as this is running off of the factory head unit you may be able to just run a rotary knob on the sub channel line to limit the signal before it even gets to the amp without even using the crossover......now my gears are turning
Awesome, Thank you!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.