Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys need some help here.. My Right side OEM HID Ballast just decided to short on my 08 GCSRT8 this morning and when i got to the dealership they told me that i can't order only the Ballast but i have to get the hole headlight assembly witch is like 1000$CAD!!! Found some Ballast on Ebay but shipping is slow.. Any other ideas???Jobber maybe??

Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have had over 10 sets of hid's ad currently have 3 sets in my truck right now. It seems no matter the brand or seller it's usually a roll of the dice when they go out. Iv bought all of mine off eBay from a seller with the name hiking## I forget the numbers in his name. Just buy some ones off ebay with a good rated seller. Yea most of them will be from hong kong but it's worth the weight vs the price

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, i just can't see my self buying a hole headlight every time this happens.. Can't beleve there's not a recall on this issue...?

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I have had over 10 sets of hid's ad currently have 3 sets in my truck right now. It seems no matter the brand or seller it's usually a roll of the dice when they go out. Iv bought all of mine off eBay from a seller with the name hiking## I forget the numbers in his name. Just buy some ones off ebay with a good rated seller. Yea most of them will be from hong kong but it's worth the weight vs the price

I think he means his factory HID went out. I don't think a generic ballast will work, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My factory ballast did blow up, but the previous owner told me that he got it on ebay, and sayed i should be changing them every 2-3 years cuz here in Canada we need to have driving light on all the time and turns out that the srt8 version use the HID for day time running lights as soon as you start the truck, so they are used all the time...

·
Registered
487 Posts
I understood what he was saying, but maybe you can just buy a new HID system, ballast/light and all. Sounds like a cheaper route.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
The 08's early ones had lots of problems with the HID's some cheap parts from China or something. I know on my 08 if it was below 40 the one light wouldn't come on until the engine heat warmed it up.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts