Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after much searching before and after my HID install I have came up with nothing. All the post just led to someone got the wrong product or parts and didn't know what they were doing. This is my fourth time installing a HID kit on a car so here is the question.

Everything is hooked up correctly as far as relay's and wiring. I have checked everything, changed out different parts one at a time, changed grounds. Literally everything. My ballast will not quit buzzing. Granted it is not a loud buzzing but any other car I have installed these on once the bulb heats up the buzzing stops. If it does any buzzing at all. The kit is from XenonDepot it is the xtreme HID kit and these are on the low beams. Any help I would greatly appreciate!

If there is a solution on here that someone posts a link for I apologize ahead of time but so far I haven't found anything and I hate double posting.

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
In for this as mine buzz like a Bastard ! not too sure if its normal or not though :s

·
Registered
665 Posts
triple check your grounds they are very sensitive and if they don't have the best contact they can make it buzz or not turn on at all . Make sure it clean bare metal or use a factory grounding bolt

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
I ran all my grounds back to the battery, no buzzing at all

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Some info I've found.

Buzzing = arcing. Move the 23k volt side of the wires away from gound points (fenders, bumper support, etc). The connectors are not insulated enough and at startup the power will jump ship to the closest ground. You can see it happen in the dark with a buddy turning the lights on/off for you.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Some info I've found.

Buzzing = arcing. Move the 23k volt side of the wires away from gound points (fenders, bumper support, etc). The connectors are not insulated enough and at startup the power will jump ship to the closest ground. You can see it happen in the dark with a buddy turning the lights on/off for you.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
what do you mean by the 23k volt side ?? Im thinking this may be my issue :( lol

Thanks !

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
The wires coming out of the ballast connecting to the bulb that carry the high voltage to the bulb.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Have you run any of he wires going into the ballast next any wires leaving the ballast?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
ahh gotcha !! mine all conglomerate at one section near the washer reservoir ... im thinking this may be the issue !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some info I've found.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
Can you explain why they were still buzzing before I mounted anything? When the ballast weren't even touching any metal? And why this is the first set of ballast that I have had consistant buzzing from?

Where did you mount your ballast at that you are not having that problem?

Any way we could get XenonDepot to chime in on the issue?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.