Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the first week I owned the jeep, I had a check engine light come on, turned out to be a misfire......2 weeks later my front diff broke, sometimes when Im driving the audio screen goes off for a few seconds and then comes back on for whatever reason, and then today I leave work and remote started the jeep to warm up abit and it stalled. Wouldnt remote start again so started it manually and it tripped a check engine light again. So all in all not overly impressed, no faith in her......First question is, anyone experience this?? Second is there a way to pull the codes out myself to see what caused the check engine light this time??

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you dont mind, how do i go about that? Its the hand help predator not the trinity one

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You can also cycle the key on off on off on off on...should show your codes in the evic screen

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Give me a ring I'll guide you on finding the code .

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
The remote start shut off because of the check engine light. The ECU will only allow the truck to run for a few seconds when remote started with a CEL.

The NAV screen flashing out is a common problem, unfortunately the dealer either has to do a software upgrade, or replace it. Mine did this, and had to be replaced.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the help so quickly. I just checked with the predator, showed cyl 4 misfire for some reason......same as last time.. Anyways cleared it for now, glad thats all it was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.