Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt it but thought I would ask anyway. Wondering if the seats from a wk2 SRT will fit in a wk1 srt? I need more room for infant seats on my wk1.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Damn dude... how many more kids you poppin' out?:lol: I had a car seat in the middle and a booster on each side at one time. I usually had to scoot the boosters over a bit to buckle them in. It was a mild PITA. I know your pain.

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Damn dude... how many more kids you poppin' out?:lol: I had a car seat in the middle and a booster on each side at one time. I usually had to scoot the boosters over a bit to buckle them in. It was a mild PITA. I know your pain.
Yup I feel his pain as my son's infant seat barely fits in the middle on the Jeep...

· Registered
173 Posts
I doubt it but thought I would ask anyway. Wondering if the seats from a wk2 SRT will fit in a wk1 srt? I need more room for infant seats on my wk1.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
They might fit..... but I doubt it. But if they did, I'm sure the electronics would be different don't you think. Probably not worth the hassle.

· Registered
149 Posts
I feel your pain...I parted with my 2010 WK 1 because my family is growing my child seats didn't leave any room for the front passeger. I had a baby seat in the middle and a booster seat behind the passenger seat...my wife had her knees in the dash and that was the end of that! Traded it in for an Escalade but really miss my SRT! Getting a WK2 SRT for my dailey driver and the wife can keep the caddy! Good luck.

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
this^^^^^^
Not sure what kind you have, but I have the Britax Chaperone with the rebound bar which is a little longer then your normal Chico infant seat...

· Registered
1,726 Posts
KJ, Got the perfect solution, buy my 750hp, 10.80's street tire 95 S/C viper.
It comes with a Recaro Baby seat. 35K

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I posted a pic somewhere with the nephews seat in the back of my WK2 with him behind the drivers seat. I'm 6-3" and there was plenty of room left to spare.

Just throwing that out there. I know how cramped the back seat of the WK1 could be, especially with a guy my size in the drivers seat.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: DRE77

· Registered
149 Posts
I posted a pic somewhere with the nephews seat in the back of my WK2 with him behind the drivers seat. I'm 6-3" and there was plenty of room left to spare.

Just throwing that out there. I know how cramped the back seat of the WK1 could be, especially with a guy my size in the drivers seat.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
That's good to know...I'm 6' and will have two car seats in my new WK2 when it arrives. If you ever find those pics, it would be great to see them. The WK1's had little leg room for the rear passengers, I know how it can be!

· Registered
2,972 Posts
I'm 6'2" and have 2 boys. they fit just fine with a baby seat and a booster. now i've got a car seat and a booster. It's all in how you position it. If you have the baby seat where the handle folds down, dont fold it down. i think its safer that way anyway.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
That's good to know...I'm 6' and will have two car seats in my new WK2 when it arrives. If you ever find those pics, it would be great to see them. The WK1's had little leg room for the rear passengers, I know how it can be!
I didn't feel like finding the thread I posted it in. The pics still in the photo bucket account, but here you go.

I've said this before as well. I'm 6-3" and I can adjust my drivers seat where I would be comfortable (actually where it is at all the time) and I can sit in the rear seat behind the drivers seat and be perfectly comfortable. So I figure four guys my size can fit in the WK2 easily and comfortably. When I'm at home and take the parents out for dinner and whatnot, my mom loves riding back there lol.

Reactions: DRE77

· Premium Member
255 Posts
Does anybody have any pics with an infant car seat in the back? I just put the infant car seat in the back passenger side and damn I don't have much room in the passenger seat anymore. Also, did anybody use the latch on the back of the seat to attach the car seat or the latches in the front of the seat near the base? I didn't think that the base stayed in place when I used the one in the front of the seat.

Thanks.

· 9 to 5 ain't for me.
593 Posts
I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and my wife is due next week. We all fit in my WK1 just fine. Then again I'm 5'8" and my wife is 5'4". Don't think three car seats will fit but we are good for a few more days.

· 9 to 5 ain't for me.
593 Posts
Did you use the latch in the front of the seat or the back?
Both face forward and I use the latch that attaches to the two harness points on the front of the seat and I use the single strap that runs over and behind the seat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.