Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd write my own review of the B&B catback I installed over Thanks Giving.

Install took 45 minutes from start to finish, everything came out great and I'm impressed with the fit/finish of the product.

The sound is exactly what I wanted, it is THERE but it's not annoying. Sweet tones and in many ways reminds me of my first car in HS (5.0 LX Coupe with Edlebrock catback)

The exhaust itself is comparable to the corsa but cheaper, so that is why I went with it and I'd suggest it to anyone that wants a bit more but doesn't want to downgrade their driving experience after the "Cool-ness" wears off of loud exhaust.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Nice review. I had B&B for about the first year and a half I had my jeep and I would agree with everything you said. I had little to no drone at all when driving except for between the 1,500-2,000 RPM range where there was a little. The only thing I didn't love about it were the 4.5in tips :D

Reactions: jeffstar

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice review. I had B&B for about the first year and a half I had my jeep and I would agree with everything you said. I had little to no drone at all when driving except for between the 1,500-2,000 RPM range where there was a little. The only thing I didn't love about it were the 4.5in tips :D
The tips were too big or not big enough for you? (just wondering)
Yes, there is a tiny amount of drone from 1500-1900 but the tone/range and dB that it occurs at actually make me smile, again it reminds me of my old 5.0 Coupe from HS. :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Good exhaust choice...

I have the BB Exhaust as well and love it...the only thing I would change would be the "x" portion of the piping...I wish it came as a "tru" crossover similar to a Magnaflow instead of the way its designed, but I'm sure they designed it that way for a reason.

I've been completely happy with mine and have had no issues with quality like some people bring up...and everybody seems to like the low rumble exhaust note...

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
The tips were too big or not big enough for you? (just wondering)
Yes, there is a tiny amount of drone from 1500-1900 but the tone/range and dB that it occurs at actually make me smile, again it reminds me of my old 5.0 Coupe from HS. :)
They were too small for me :rolleyes:, I love the 5inch tips on the Borla haha. Yeah I don't mind drone at all, I run Kooks Headers, Borla S Catback, and open exhaust cutouts :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
I am running the B&B and love it! Actually, it took about 500 miles to break it in and sounds amazing. No issues with the welds etc. So far so good. Get lots of compliments for the sound.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Only thing with the BB is that it won't last under there with out rusting .

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
It is a really nice system and installation is very simple. Overall I am very pleased with it and would buy it again.

Add some longtube headers to it and you get a real nice rumble with it. Add a nice cam....and even more rumble I would imagine :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.