Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On monday January 9th, I had gotten a nail on my Jeep, but made it home without massive amounts of air leaking, so I wasn't driving on the actual runflat just yet. So basically I didn't drive the car for the next couple days. Obviously the air leaked out and it was holding up from the run flat tires. I ordered a new run flat tire from East Hills Jeep located 2300 Northern Boulevard Greenvale, NY 11548, and it came in on friday. I didn't have time to bring it in that day.

So I bring it in on Saturday January 14th, around 1pm basically it was all new people or interns working there I waited almost 1 hour and 30 minutes for just paperwork to be filled out in order to submit it just to have work done. I also purchased the wheel and tire package from zurich which covers any type of wheel/tire damage that isn't purposely done. So the lady finally got my paperwork in, and they took the car in, approximately 3:15pm.

Thank god that I actually took a picture right before I left the house of the de-flated tire, and sent it to my sales rep who sold me the car, and asked if it was okay to drive as it was my first run flat tire set up. He said it was fine. So basically the car had no wheel damage. It is now around 4:15pm, I waited in their waiting area, and the car was done. So I walk out, just as I was about to drive away, I thought to myself Ive been screwed before about damage to my car. Now I got out of the car to inspect it and I noticed 3 wheel chip areas.

So I immediately brought it back, and demanded to speak with a manager. But first a senior service rep came out and said that he was pretty sure that the damage was there. Then he brought out the tech who actually installed the tire on my wheel. He said that he didn't notice anything there or seen anything. Finally I asked to speak to someone with authority. As I waited 20 minutes in the sales room floor and all the sales reps are staring at me like I did the worst thing in the world and talking about me behind my back in some way.

Then a sales manager came out and spoke to me and said that we need to further investigate the situation. Im like go ahead...first off you guys take a preliminary report to show any damage to the wheel. and second of all my car is a bit dirty so those chips are fresh as they are white. Then he said to me that he couldn't make a final decision on getting me a new wheel, as I would have to wait until monday for the service manager to come by, which I said it was fine I got a paperwork that said there is damage on the wheel and took more photos.

When I left the dealership that day, I called Jeep Headquarters, and complained about them, told them the whole situation, and they said they are sincerely sorry and what not and would like to see what they are going to do to solve the situation before they are able to do anything.

Today, Monday January 16th, brought the car in around 2pm, spoke with the service manager, he was very nice and what not, but I had already had such bad experience with everyone else at that dealership I could care less. Basically he offered to repair the wheel no charge, but would need the car for 2 days. I somewhat agreed scheduled the appointment for wednesday. So when I left I called Jeep again and told them what happened, but then i realized that I brought the car in with no damage on anything and now they want to fix it, so basically I told Jeep that they would only repair it, but I told them also that if I didn't bring it to them my wheel wouldn't be damaged at all and I think that a brand new wheel would be the best solution and the lady agreed and said that they would take this case to a managerial level, and I would get a call back tomorrow tuesday and speak with a manager regarding the situation.

So that's my story, on the situation right now I will update the thread as the next couple days go by.

· Administrator
6,383 Posts
I don't necessarily agree with the title of your thread to "avoid" this dealership. Seems to me they're at least willing to work with you on this. Personally I think the offer to repair your wheel is satisfactory.

Bernie

Reactions: AROD

· Banned
1,577 Posts
My buddy who got his wk2 srt8 rims stolen brought his jeep backed there to get new rims put on and them the next day there's a video of his jeep on YouTube with his hood popped n a guy reviving his engine and going through his whole car.....never going to buy stuff there...westbury jeep for jeeps on long island!

· Banned
1,577 Posts

video of guy going through my buddies wk2

· Banned
1,577 Posts
sadly after he got his rims stolen he just had an over all bad vibe from the truck and got rid of it and then saw this video on youtube when his truck was getting serviced for the rims...

· Administrator
6,383 Posts

· Banned
1,577 Posts
yepp thats why i only deal with westbury jeep..good guys over there and do good work!...

· Banned
1,577 Posts
the rims where stolen out of my friends driveway in plainview abotu 4 hrs after her got the jeep..its not a bad neighborhood at all

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Replacement wheel is the only solution IMO. Trying to repair the wheel is akin to buying a brand new television only to have it not working when delivered. Instead of giving you a new TV they try to repair it or even worse give you a refurbished replacement. If the wheel was brand new without any skuffs they owe you a brand new wheel. Plain and simple.

· Registered
121 Posts
the rims where stolen out of my friends driveway in plainview abotu 4 hrs after her got the jeep..its not a bad neighborhood at all
Did he have locks?

They should not be hard to track down since WK2 SRT's are still very rare in the area. Hopefully they will try and sell them locally and get caught.

· Banned
1,577 Posts
Did he have locks?

They should not be hard to track down since WK2 SRT's are still very rare in the area. Hopefully they will try and sell them locally and get caught.
Well even if guy puts them up for sale theres no way to prove that they came off his jeep sadly..also no he did not have locks..and these guys are professional they know how new this jeep is and not to sell right away! prob in storage for another year then they will sell!

· Registered
9 Posts
My dad bought a "certified" Sebring from them and had nothing but problems. Good to see that they're trying to make good on the situation with your SRT. And wheel locks only slow them down. I work at an Infiniti dealer and there are only like 8 diff patterns for factory locks plus any kit for stripped nuts will get them off 1.2.3

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In the end my rim was fixed, although a little more damage was caused as the lugs nuts scratched the wheels. Jeep corporate compensated and felt bad, they gave me 4 years of free oil changes. They said it could total to up to 16 free oil changes. I guess I was somewhat satisfied with that...but I will never go to East Hills Jeep Again.

· Registered
102 Posts
I know the owners personal of East Hills. The Father is a good man. . . but his son Timmy is a dick head.

Soooo. . . that's another reason to only go to Westbury Jeep.I have bought 3 vehicles from them and there service is great.

The owner drives an SRT8 as well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.