Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Aussie bound SRT8's ?

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Bono392 
#1 ·
G'day from Australia (Sydney).

Do any of you fine folk know if/when and how many SRT8's are heading downunder? Media here suggest au$75k starting price. By the time it's on the road more like au$90k.

I wonder if i can finance a Jeep via the USA lol.

Dealer i spoke to today said he had no idea when he would get some. Even the JGC models sell out quickly here.

#4 ·
so the media orginally stated $75k, then $85K, and now Im hearing $90k + On Road costs. Love to hear from potential Aust buyers if you think Jeep will be able to sell this SRT8 at nearly $100 grand? I know a couple of guys including myseld that thought this was a good price at around $85K and were keen to get one. I know the other two have now decided on something Euro slightly used once they heard it will be nearly $100k for a Jeep.

#5 ·
I ordered one and got it settled for $88k on road here in WA.

Ive since pulled the pin after waiting for delivery for 6 months greater than what I was promised. Getting a 2012 Toyota Sahara. Not as thrilling to drive im guessing but at least Ill get a car that reliable, v8 and touch wood maintenance free.

#6 ·
I feel for you Sandman, that's shocking that you waited 6 months and they still can't even give you a date. Hope this isn't an indication of Jeep's customer service.
I can't get any details from the sales people either and theyndontvseem to know much about price or spec. Like others have said sounds like but time they release them here, the new model will be released.

#7 ·
You're looking at August. Some display models in showrooms before then. Punt about $75-80k plus on-roads (varies by state of course - don't forget the Lux Car Tax) but has not been announced to dealers until closer to arrival. There are too many variables in the meantime. The MY13 has virtually zero changes so not worth waiting longer.

PS - I'm also waiting (impatiently) on mine, but have an insider appreciation of the process to keep me calm as possible ;)
PPS - Note there is an overseas section on here.

#9 ·
Is what's been reported in the media. http://www.caradvice.com.au/170913/jeep-grand-cherokee-srt8-performance-suv-delayed/

There are simply not enough to go around, and is not ideal to just dribble a few out into the market when hundreds of orders. You only have one chance to launch a vehicle and unfortunately the choice to do it 'properly' rather than 'earlier' always wins out.

But as you wil have read here & everywhere, it's worth the wait. And I'm using the time for more research on mods etc :)

#11 ·
Other forums (that I won't mention) have this topic running with many having already negotiated a final price, even though has not even been released yet - The dealer has just taken a punt and may win or lose in the end. Every dealer is different. Sydney dealers are traditionally more conservative in this regard than say Perth ones. Good luck anyhoo!

#14 ·
Would you mind if ask you who you last heard this from?

95k will put me out of the game as with insurance and bits and pieces it will be 100k! Dealer is pretty confident it won't be more than 90k!

I am trying hard to justify this but so many people are telling me that I am mad paying that much for a jeep.

#15 ·
Hi 8weapons,

That figure of $95k came from Nepean Motor Group; I was first given it in January this year and again last week when I popped in there to enquire about the 300 SRT8. Another member on FordForums, I think from Victoria, has also apparently been given that figure.

I think if you do some research and see how much extra the Jeep SRT8 is over the jeep Overland in America and apply that to Australia you'll come in around $90K to $95K.

If I hear of anything else I can PM you and likewise it would be good to hear what pricing you've been given.

Cheers,

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.