Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 275/315 vred combo was on its last leg after about 24k miles. Still wasn't to the wear bar on the rears, close though, but the front insides were smooth and getting close to metal. Wanted to do the vred combo again but when I first checked the 315's were on backorder. I saw several threads on the continentals and atturos and started researching. I'm moving to MI soon so I wanted a tire that could handle some snow if needed. Liked the continentals but for the price, $635 shipped to my door, I couldn't pass on the atturos.

Ordered the tires on 2/20 and received them 3/2. Not too bad considering it took over 3 weeks for my vreds to get to me and when I got the nitto nt05's they were on backorder for 3 weeks so considering this it was a rather speedy process.

Had them installed today and my initial thoughts are positive. They ride very similar to the vreds soaking up the bumps well and smoothing out the ride. I did notice the atturos are louder than the vreds and nittos but nothing to worry about in my opinion. The atturos are heavier than the other two also but they also have more tread and the longest tread wear rating of the 3. Even though all 3 brands list the same size they do not fit on the rim the same. The rear atturos are HUGE!!! They look like steam rollers compared to the vreds. The tread pattern does make the jeep look a little truckish from the side view but from behind they look sweet. The rears do stick out past the fender some but that doesn't bother me. I didn't get the chance to do a launch but I did get on it on the slower roads when turning and I was surprised how well they hooked. There is a certain street I pull out and nail it at around 2500 in 1st and these tires just grabbed the pavement and propelled me forward. The vreds had a slight tendency to go sideways then grab. Didn't expect this from the atturos.

I am heading to the track tonight so we will see how well the tires stick from a launch.

Nitto NT05 (200AAA):

-Look like a road race tire and give lots of grip in corners.

-Fit well on the rim and still look wide

-Ride the smoothest but can feel soft at times

-Work well in the rain but have to be careful leaving from a stop

-Mileage sucks at only around 10-12k miles

-Highest price

-Overall Diameter 28.62" both front and rear

-7.2" tread depth

-Lightest tires Front: 31.2 lbs Rear: 35.6 lbs

Vreds (280AAA):

-Very refined ride, smooth, good grip, and don't feel too soft or too hard

-Fit the best on the stock rims but don't look as wide as the other two

-Great in the rain, very confidence inspiring

-Respectable mileage as I had 24k miles and I know of others who got 25-30k miles.

-Quietest tire of the three

-Fair price, can still find these under 1k shipped

-Overall Diameter front: 28.7" rear: 28.6"

-Almost as light as the nittos Front: 34lbs Rear: 37lbs

-measured width of contact patch on rim: 10.25 inches....tire from edge to edge on rim is a little over 10.5 inches

Atturos (420AA):

-Unknown brand and not much info on tread wear or how the perform in the long term

-Ride well so far, very similar feel to Vreds

-Could fit better on the stock rims but still look good, rear tires "balloon" some

-Road noise more pronounced but nothing bothersome

-Steal of a price

-Mileage is yet to be determined but has a 420 rating so I expect more than the vreds which are a 280 rating

-Yet to drive in the rain but other members say they perform great and even work in the snow

-Overall diameter 28.7" both front and rear

-11.3" tread depth

-Heaviest of the three Front: 36.6lbs Rear: 40.7lbs

-measured width of contact patch on rim: 11 inches........tire from edge to edge is roughly 11.5-11.75 inches Measurements are not exact so don't hold me to these ;-)

Synthetic rubber Tire Tread Automotive tire Auto part

Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Tread Auto part

Synthetic rubber Tire Tread Automotive tire Auto part

Tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive tire Auto part

Tire Alloy wheel Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Wheel

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Great writeup...

Having Blizzaks on mine now, I know exactly what you mean by "truck tire" ... lol. It actually doesn't look bad that way though. The Nittos look so good, but the Atturos are great looking as well. I'll probably run those next.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks.

Just got back from the track and the tires did alright for all season performance tires. Best 60' of the night was a 1.73 and all runs were in the 1.7x range. They did spin hard everytime but I'm okay with those 60's since I bought these tires to save money to buy a set of nt05r. The last two runs I went sideways leaving the line and still slaughtered the other guy! :). My vreds were spinning just as bad as these tires so I can't knock the tires. Bill's dominator just launches my jeep too damn hard!!! Lol

The design is growing on me more and you don't notice the flame design on the sidewall much.

·
Registered
532 Posts
They do look huge! I see what u mean about the fit on the rim; the rear side walls almost look a bit buckled for lack of a better word. I think the Vreds don't look as wide because your eyes are drawn to the pronounced grooved pattern running through the center of the tire but I love their uniqueness and performance. I may be alone on this because I know value is important but I have trouble going with "no name" tires on nice vehicles. It's kind of like wearing cheap shoes with a nice suit :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They do look huge! I see what u mean about the fit on the rim; the rear side walls almost look a bit buckled for lack of a better word. I think the Vreds don't look as wide because your eyes are drawn to the pronounced grooved pattern running through the center of the tire but I love their uniqueness and performance. I may be alone on this because I know value is important but I have trouble going with "no name" tires on nice vehicles. It's kind of like wearing cheap shoes with a nice suit :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
I agree. Saved some cash on these to help in other areas. I still prefer the vreds over these but for the money they are close to as good. I believe the vreds are the best all around tire from my experience but the atturos are surprising me so far.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Thanks for the review Dave , I really don't like the looks of it :( , why the change since the vreds still looks good no ? Edit : fronts were gone i see .

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I'm thinking about switching but I do love my toyo's.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the review Dave , I really don't like the looks of it :( , why the change since the vreds still looks good no ? Edit : fronts were gone i see .
Yup, fronts were toast. I loved the vreds but they still didnt give me traction at the track. I saved $350 going with these over the vreds giving me extra coin towards drag radials.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Went to the track again today and traction was better. Still spun a little but nothing like Friday. Had three 1.69 60' times and one 1.71. These work surprising well. Have 2.25 miles on these just from the track already! :)

Ride while cruising is smooth, although I do notice a little shimmy in the wheel on the hwy at 75 but both my vreds and nittos did this too. The vreds did it the least. I think its from the aggressive side lugs on these tires and the neg camber. Not enough to bug me. Playing with tire psi and 36-38 seems to smooth it out.

Vreds/nittos tires are better in certain areas but for the price I am happy so far.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
629 Posts
Put mine on today I like them, smoother ride to me, did anyone have a hassle with the last tire bead popping up...it was ridiculous..but I like then so far

·
Registered
914 Posts
I had mine installed today and will test drive them tomorrow. They looked huge stacked up.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.