Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As all of the first group of customers know, there was a problem with the machining of the sleeves for the shocks. Don't know if it was the machine shop or on our end but fact of the matter, there WAS a problem. What happened was, the inner diameter of the sleeve was .500" and it needed to be .468". When Wade installed his shocks and went for a drive, he called me and said he was hearing a thumping sound in the back. That was caused from the shocks moving up and down a little on the bolt resonating through the Jeep. We have contacted QA1 and they agree that is the root of the issue. Ernie aka Hops23 had the same issue as well with some KW Coilovers he had on an LX. KW sent him new sleeves and all was good.

New sleeves are being made right now as we speak with the correct tolerances. This will delay the shipment of the 2nd round of shocks. They are here as of now. We are just waiting on the sleeves. We are hoping to have all of them by Monday or Tues. at the latest.

We are embarrassed by this and can not begin to apologize enough. The 3rd shipment of shocks will not be affected by this at all. This is not exactly how we envisioned our first sale to happen. We did contact all of the first group via PM to let them know about Wade's findings. I can not begin to tell you how cool they were about it. We really do have a great group of owners who understand things.

So, for the second group of customers, you shipment will be delayed a few days and we apologize. We were hoping to have the sleeves today to ship out to you along with your shocks but that did not happen unfortunately. Because of this, we decided to go public with this issue to let you guys know. We didn't want to do PM's again. We have nothing to hide and want to be upfront with our customers. Thanks for understanding hopefully and AGAIN....... we are truly sorry for this inconvenience.

·
Registered
10,785 Posts
No worries Harrison it's a new product so trial and error is going to happen at least it's not a product you had to pay for upfront and wait almost a year to deliver so this is nothing and an easy fix for an easy install.

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wade. We appreciate your help and FAT install to let us know about this. You da man!!

·
Registered
10,785 Posts
Now get busy on making those shirts :)

·
Super Moderator
10,992 Posts
No worries Harrison it's a new product so trial and error is going to happen at least it's not a product you had to pay for upfront and wait almost a year to deliver so this is nothing and an easy fix for an easy install.
Ouch, is all I have to say.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I think it's great that a vendor is letting their customers know that there is an issue instead of everyone having to hunt you down.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I think it's great that a vendor is letting their customers know that there is an issue instead of everyone having to hunt you down.
I'm in agreement here

·
Registered
10,785 Posts
I hunted him down......on a golf course LOL

·
Registered
11,241 Posts
Vendors with people like u Harrison , any products inconvenience is gladly excepted by US the consumers , as you are here to answer and back up your product AT ANY TIME . Even know I'm waiting for real world results on this product I wouldn't be sceptical about buying from you guys period .

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
This type of proactive announcement helps a vendor gain my trust and therefore business in my books.

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man.

I'm in agreement here
Appreciate it.

Exactly! Harrison and Stage 6 are tops in my book. Also thanks to Wade for being our test pilot. LOL!

wink
Thanks Wink.

I hunted him down......on a golf course LOL
Hey man..... that was our first Wed. Emergency 9 tourney of the year. I wasn't gonna miss that one! It's only my 5th round of the year.:(

Vendors with people like u Harrison , any products inconvenience is gladly excepted by US the consumers , as you are here to answer and back up your product AT ANY TIME . Even know I'm waiting for real world results on this product I wouldn't be sceptical about buying from you guys period .
Thanks Paulo. We appreciate it. Next Monday our ram air headlights will be available.;)

This type of proactive announcement helps a vendor gain my trust and therefore business in my books.
Thanks John. We are here to earn your business and trust. Not easy but we are trying.:D

·
Registered
11,241 Posts

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah you should...... with THIS!!:rofl::rofl:;)

·
Registered
11,241 Posts
hahahahah Take it easy on me bro .

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hahahahah Take it easy on me bro .
It'll be fun to see your ride with a Vortech. We'll have to line them up at Atco in Nov.!!;)

·
Registered
11,241 Posts
Yup , I won't miss it this year bro .

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
u guys suck. send me some of that guap for a pro-charger,lol. harrison no worries man its ur first run on the shocks. what is the drop on the jeep with those shocks? would we still need the eibachs or are those coilovers? whats the deal with them?

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No drop, just ride control. The springs are what control the ride height. These are just replacement shocks for the stock Bilsteins.

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
oooh gotcha. ok. whats a set of these cost?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts