Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I have an install issue with my Autometer Cobalt digital boost gauge. Does anyone else have one? It seems that the gauge needs to calibrate itself and it does this right when it turns on. The problem is that if you are tapped into a power source that cuts out when the vehicle is cranking then it calibrates right after that. Basically meaning the vehicle shows vacuum and therefore displays much higher boost than normal. The only way to avoid this is to tap into a power source that stays on while the vehicle cranks (constant power) and we have only found a few spots that do this and they all seem to trigger cels or codes. The cigarette lighter triggers the traction control, the keyless entry one triggers a couple others and another one seems to trigger a whole bunch. What did you guys use? Does anyone know of any good spots to tie into constant power that won't set off the codes? I don't know what to do, it's a really nice gauge.

Getting so close to finishing.....:redblob:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy an analog guage and sell that one.
I would but I wanted a BETTER one than an analog gauge. All my old ones were analog. The digital installed correctly will calibrate everytime and adjust for pressure and atmosphere conditions. I just didn't want to deal with a code. Perhaps the Predator can shut out the code?

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I would but I wanted a BETTER one than an analog gauge. All my old ones were analog. The digital installed correctly will calibrate everytime and adjust for pressure and atmosphere conditions. I just didn't want to deal with a code. Perhaps the Predator can shut out the code?

I understand what you want, but from what you described it doesn't sound like the Jeep has a power source that will work for you. Shyt happens. You could wire the guage to constant power with a switch, and turn it on when you get in, or find somewhere to tap into the fuse box.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Easiest way is to run a 16 gauge wire thru the firewall right behind the gas pedal and tap into the fuse box closest to the battery on the driverside... Done....

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok my guy texted me a little while ago and he says he found a constant source and no codes! Thanks for the help guys, it's much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Easiest way is to run a 16 gauge wire thru the firewall right behind the gas pedal and tap into the fuse box closest to the battery on the driverside... Done....
or the constant cig lighter. i have one that is switched and one that is always on that ran right to the battery. came stock like this but not sure if its on all years.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You gonna tell us what you used? lol
Lol the only reason I hadn't said yet is because I didn't know at the time. I mentioned he texted me he found a good wire.
We used the fuel injector power line as it is a steady source but it can cut out after it's been on for 5 seconds or so if you don't crank the engine. So it worked out great and my gauge reads properly and is perfectly calibrated now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts