Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys I plan on going to atco in the future, do they have rental helmets or you need to bring your own

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
im sure there will be alot of us there that you could borrow someones. you could borrow mine if needed.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
i would play it safe and get one thats both snell and dot. i got one for $100 at a local motorcycle shop.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would play it safe and get one thats both snell and dot. i got one for $100 at a local motorcycle shop.
anyone know any places on long island? any particular brands?

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
mine is a Cyber, that is snell 2005 and dot approved. i made sure to ask before i bought it.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
are snell m90 allowed i keep trying to call atco n no one picks up the damn phone

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
are snell m90 allowed i keep trying to call atco n no one picks up the damn phone

No, that is a motorcycle helmet. It must be Snell SA rated.

HELMET RATINGS...WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

Snell SA Rated Helmets:

Snell "SA" (Sports Application) rated professional helmets are designed for auto racing and provide extreme impact resistance and higher fire protection.

Snell M Rated Helmets:
Snell "M" (Motorcycle) rated helmets are designed for motorcycling and other motorsports. They offer slightly less protection than SA rated helmets.

What are the key differences between SA and M Rated Helmets:

SA standard requires flammability test while the M standard does not.
SA standard has rollbar impact test while M standard does not.
SA standard allows narrower visual field than M standard (Some SA helmets aren't street legal).

What is the current Snell Rating:
M2010 and SA2010. To view our Snell SA2010 rated helmets, click here. You may also find some Snell SA2005 rated helmets in our clearance section.

How do I know if my helmet meets the necessary Snell specifications?
Always check your club rulebook to determine what helmet specifications they require. Most clubs seem to allow you to use the current Snell specification, as well as the previous Snell specification. So, in that case, for the 2011 season, you could use Snell M2005/SA2005 or Snell M2010/SA2010 rated helmets. Snell M2000/SA2000 helmets would not meet requirements after October 1, 2010. Bottom line... read your rulebook carefully.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I spoke to Atco, they said you can rent helmets for $3

No, that is a motorcycle helmet. It must be Snell SA rated.

HELMET RATINGS...WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

Snell SA Rated Helmets:

Snell "SA" (Sports Application) rated professional helmets are designed for auto racing and provide extreme impact resistance and higher fire protection.

Snell M Rated Helmets:
Snell "M" (Motorcycle) rated helmets are designed for motorcycling and other motorsports. They offer slightly less protection than SA rated helmets.

What are the key differences between SA and M Rated Helmets:

SA standard requires flammability test while the M standard does not.
SA standard has rollbar impact test while M standard does not.
SA standard allows narrower visual field than M standard (Some SA helmets aren't street legal).

What is the current Snell Rating:
M2010 and SA2010. To view our Snell SA2010 rated helmets, click here. You may also find some Snell SA2005 rated helmets in our clearance section.

How do I know if my helmet meets the necessary Snell specifications?
Always check your club rulebook to determine what helmet specifications they require. Most clubs seem to allow you to use the current Snell specification, as well as the previous Snell specification. So, in that case, for the 2011 season, you could use Snell M2005/SA2005 or Snell M2010/SA2010 rated helmets. Snell M2000/SA2000 helmets would not meet requirements after October 1, 2010. Bottom line... read your rulebook carefully.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts