Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using the lx/lc hemi dual pump fuel hat by Arrington. Will it work in are jeeps without mods, will it bolt up to are fuel basket. Do you still need to use a BAP in a supercharged application, max 10 psi. Thanx......

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
If you upgrade to twin in tank pumps, a BAP is NOT needed. It's a safer route IMO. That's why we do twin in tank pumps with our kits. We don't use BAP's.

Don't know if Arrington's hat is available yet unless they're selling Cam's hat. Last I heard Arrington was still working on a hat but it could be ready by now.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Nothing that I know of for the jeep , few months back I was in search and check all around specially with Arrington that inform me that unfortunately it will not work for the jeep . I run a twin in tank walbro modified and wired up for boost application with a 3psi hob switch ( NO BAP NEEDED ) , all done By stage 6 . Hit up Harrison @ stage6 .

Edit: he beat me to it lol , talk to the man above .

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Theirs one on shop hemi $424. you use the factory pump with the wallbro 255.
I know of that one as well , DOES NOT WORK ON THE JEEP . Your solution is HARRISON .

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
You send us your hat. It's a one day turn around process. The hat goes out the same day it comes in. Comes with everything needed for the install. Price is $375 for the modded hat, twin 255 Walbro's, hobbs switch, and relay and wiring. You can find them on Car-Parts dot com used for like $70-$100 and send one of those to us. We'd buy back your old one for whatever you pay for one. We are still wating for one to come back to us. If you were to buy a new one from the factory, they're pricey. They're like $330 or something like that b/c they come with the pump as a whole unit. We use all new lines that are submersable fuel line. We don't reuse that factory plastic crap. We also use the good clamps and not worm clamps that can cut into the fuel line. Lemme know if you're interested. Thanks.....

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
You send us your hat. It's a one day turn around process. The hat goes out the same day it comes in. Comes with everything needed for the install. Price is $375 for the modded hat, twin 255 Walbro's, hobbs switch, and relay and wiring. You can find them on Car-Parts dot com used for like $70-$100 and send one of those to us. We'd buy back your old one for whatever you pay for one. We are still wating for one to come back to us. If you were to buy a new one from the factory, they're pricey. They're like $330 or something like that b/c they come with the pump as a whole unit. We use all new lines that are submersable fuel line. We don't reuse that factory plastic crap. We also use the good clamps and not worm clamps that can cut into the fuel line. Lemme know if you're interested. Thanks.....
I'll work on that hat ASAP , have to check with Phil .

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
The twin 255's should be good for around the 900-950rwhp mark. I know Paulie is running twin 255's and hit low 900rwhp. Triples would be enough for just about anything you want to throw at it.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
They sure handle , Lately even with the weather getting cooler , i don't see myself going as much lean anymore since the twin pump , Basically no need to add fuel on my tune when changes from 55* down to 35*temps , and feels good watching my wide band go steady all the way to 6500 and not have to worry about going lean ..

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
This is what I'm talking about! I want it to be reliable.
Yah man If i had to do it all over again it will be this route , Also a set of 80lbs Injectors is highly recommended if you are going to run 8+ psi , but since it works fine even running 5 or 6 psi , I'D suggest anyone to do it once , Go straight to the 80lbs ford Racing injectors .

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
I'm getting tired of waiting for the core. If it doesn't come in by the time I have my wavetrac installed. I'm going to get one off car-parts. You didn't say that you would buy it back from me after the install. Can you send me the part number?

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
We will buy back someone's hat until we think we have enough of them. We will buy them up to $100.00. We will start having to charge a core charge on them but it won't be an ass raping or anything.;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts