Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked an '07 a little over a month ago and loving it. Only beef I have is that I do a lot of driving at night when it's pitch dark out and would like to turn the screen down or off when playing the radio. It's pretty bright and hurts the eyes after a while and is much easier to drive when it's dark. I drove last night for 2 hours on the highway and had to put a coat over the screen as it was easier for me to drive. Any thoughts?

Sorry if it's been posted, I did a search and couldn't find anything within the first 4 pages.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
Go into the settings of the nav and turn down the brightness or turn down your dash interior lights or both

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the same problem the nav screen is to bright at night. Go to your turn signal switch I turned down the dash light from there one notch it's the same switch used to turn in the interior lights.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If you aren't using your nav you can hit the menu button and hit the screen saver button on the right side of the screen. This will give you a black screen with the time in white on the screen. Then all you have to do is touch the screen to bring it back up.

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
If you aren't using your nav you can hit the menu button and hit the screen saver button on the right side of the screen. This will give you a black screen with the time in white on the screen. Then all you have to do is touch the screen to bring it back up.
He doesn't have a touch screen.

·
Registered
62 Posts
on the rec make sure auto brightness is selected other wise it'll be on full blast at all times, and then if its still too bright then on the turn signal stalk, dial back the interior brightness a bit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts