Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister just picked up a Sun Joe 3001 pressure washer for household chores. I figured I could borrow it to wash my Jeep, but I rarely wash the car myself and I’ve never used a pressure washer on my car before. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, Recent purchase!!
65 Posts
Following. I'm looking at getting the fully electric version with a tank on it. I've used the 3001 but not on a car.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about a tank for the water supply? What are the advantages of this over a hose fed unit?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am. It's the SPX6001C-XR. No outlet or hose connection needed are the advantages. And you can still hook up to a hose if you want to. Disadvantage is only 1160 PSI max. That may be safer for the car but I don't know what psi is safe. Technically if you use the wrong tip attachment you can damage anything. I'm hoping it's sufficient for siding and deck work.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! I figured with a water tank you could use filtered water if your hose water has a lot of minerals in it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Agreed but I don't know of an easy way to get 5 gallons of filtered water. Maybe there's something you can put on the hose to filter as you fill it up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got a sun joe SPX 4000 i think, and yes works great. I picked up a foam cannon from amazon, some good soap, and then a 50' extention. It nice that you can leave the unit hooked up close to the hose, and then just use the longer extention all around ur car.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like everything in my life, I couldn’t leave the SPX3001 stock! I purchased the Sun Joe 25’ HD extension hose, an MATCC brand foam canon, and quick disconnects.

If you want QD connects, you’ll need M22x15mm connects for the pressure hose to trigger gun connection. I purchased an extra to quick connect the extension hose to the original hose.

For the trigger gun to wand connection, you’ll need M22x14mm QDs. I purchased 2 sets of these, one for the wand and one for the foam canon.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the Sun Joe today. Decided to wash the wife’s car as a test run. Everything worked great!

Just a couple of observations though...
-The Sun Joe gun/wand is a little on the longer side. It can be hard to to maneuver in tight spots, especially with the foam cannon attached.
-The wand would be better with a slight bend in it.

I placed an Amazon order for a stubby gun. The stubby has an M22x14 inlet, but I don’t think it wI’ll be a problem. I have an extra male M22x14 quick release for the gun that should mate up to the female quick release already on my hose. They are both 3/8” fittings.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for following up. Because of your post I'm not going to shell out for the electric cordless, now that I know I can just buy a huge extension.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another update... the Amazon stubby gun/foam cannon that came equipped with the M22x14 fitting worked fine if used WITH the QUICK RELEASE adapter. Otherwise, you’ll need an M22x15 adapter for it to fit to your Sun Joe hose

1 - 11 of 11 Posts