Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at this turbo for my Jeep, curious for feedback from anyone running it on a 400+cube motor. Precision is claiming improved spool and lower backpressure relative to their other 1000+whp capable 88's.

Also thinking 20-22 psi boost for 1000+whp, feedback welcome.

For entertainment, I was thinking about compound boost with the Maggie but coming to my senses says just run the turbo alone, Maggie will be posted for sale soon.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
20-22psi of boost with that turbo will be WELL over 1000rwhp. We made 1103rwhp at 19psi on a 413 we did for Thomas. He had the older 8881. The only thing that stopped us from going higher were fuel pumps. That's being fixed. :D Better make sure your engine internals can handle that much power.

As for your PM, I'll have to hit you up tomorrow with the pricing as I have nothing here at home. We do offer 2 intercoolers. One is pretty much a bolt on and the other requires some cutting of the front bumper support.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
What fuel system do you guys run for the 1000+whp builds?
Depends..... 1000+rwhp is a pretty vague statement. You have to know a goal you're going for. A lot of damage can happen between 1050rwhp and 1200rwhp. :lol: You can build a fuel system to handle 1050, but it's not going to be enough for 1200.

I can tell you you'll want a return style system with either -10 or -12 feed and a -6 or -8 return line. I'd run either ID1000 or ID1300 injectors. Triple 400's if you can find a hat still, or twin 400's and an external for a third, or twin 400's if you plan on staying below 1100rwhp.

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
Skip has great prices on Precision turbos if you haven't purchased yet.
Thanks Jack!

We have better prices than Skip. ;)
I know what your prices are Harry! Thanks for always hooking us up btw ;)

That's some funny shiat
Yea dudes got jokes!

In all seriousness though...if you're running a complete return style fuel system with either twin 400s or twin 450s and running base pressure at 40 psi as opposed to the stock 59psi, you'll get a lot more pump and injector out of the lower pressure...the pumps don't have to push as hard to make the same things happen and you'll get more volume out of them to be honest. Then it's all in the tuning! All your tuner needs to do is scale everything down for the lower base pressure which is just a buncha numbers to them!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
^^^^

just did that exact same thing on my jeep and fueling wasnt that far off actually which is great.

Reactions: DemonPerformance
1 - 14 of 14 Posts