Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas I think I am going to go with Toyo Proxes STII in the 265/45 front 295/40 rear setup on my stock wheels. I know a few members have run this at some point. Does anyone have any pics??

I am sitting on stock suspension so I want to see how it fills out the wheel wells. I would love the 275/315 setup, but with that thinner sidewall I think it would look funny at a stock ride height.

Thoughts?? Pics?? Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here you go, Toyo Proxies ST II on stock rims 265/295:

Reactions: jvs0302

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't have pics but it is what I am running. I will tell you what I think. Personally I don't like the way the rears look. For mine, it looks like I have almost an 1/8 inch of rim that sticks out past the tire. Inside and outside. Makes me wish I would have went with a wider tire.

As for thinner sidewall on the 315s, they are not thinner. The middle number is a percentage of the first number in the tire size. So with 275/45 in the front and 315/30 in the rear, you get the same diameter

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the combo on mine, and I think the fact that they are a bit beefier sidewall than other combos really look like they belong. Never been a fan of real low profile tires on trucks/suvs.

Looks perfect when lowered, and have been complimented on how tough they look.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have this set up too. I would not get them again. For some reason they don't sit well on the rim. As the poster above said, they sit off the edge of the rim. I've curbed my wheels pretty bad because there is no tire to protect the rim. I don't think it's a width issue but more how they set on the wheel.

·
Registered
101 Posts
295-265 Toyo proxes ST11 combo

I,ve had these sizes for about 17,000 kilometers on my Jeep. First off they got rid of a very common and annoying vibration at 110 -120 kph

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ooop sorry hit wrong button while on phone. These tires mount well and transformed the Jeep into one smooth rig on the highway. They handle well, softened the ride, and are excellant in the rain.
Our stock tires do not protect the rim well either and as you have discovered Watch the front ...Watch the curbs. Look,I like the tire and the size. From my perspective you can't go wrong with the Toyo brand either. Just carry the large size (flat fix) aerosal can to pump up if you do start going flat.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
just got that setup on my jeep because the crapyears delaminated on me. The ride is definately softer but the handling is great. I'm worried in the snow but I have a 4x4 on those real bad days. I love how they look and ride. And my 120 km/hr vibration is gone too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts