Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the va area? my brother is going to be getting a 12 and wants to get one for the best price. i am pretty sure some one posted up a link to a family plan for discounted jeep prices but i heard that does not work on srt vehicles.

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Not to stir up anything but if he wants the best price he should just wait until next year and see what happens, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
What he said ^. I'm sure a lot of people want the best price on the new Aventador as well but it ain't happenin'! With any new desirable model be prepared to pay at least MSRP.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
yeah no deals on a new 2012 .. He'd be lucky enough to get one at all.

best bet is to wait a year or two and pick one up with low miles

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
im with everyone else on this, wait cause then the price should go down. along with more importantly to me they will work out kinks in the new few so you aren't running to chrysler for crappy customer service every time something goes wrong.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the hook up for you, spend the money on a vehicle that is actually worth
60 to 70K. I was ready to purchase the new 12 JG SRT-8 until I saw the price tag on a really unpretentious jeep.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Pearson here in Richmond is usually a good dealership to go too... Now I don't know about deals at this point, its way too early for that.

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
"Anyone have hook ups" I would ask Keoni... Blond's. brunette's redheads...

Reactions: m4xm1l10n

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Is the '12 SRT8 not worth $60K simply because it's a Jeep? Have you driven the vehicle?

How many other SUV's are out there that has 470 hp, does 0-60 in 4.6s, and has all the features and amenities as any current Mercedes, Lexus, or BMW for less than $60K? ......I'll give you a hint: none.

I've owned previous X5's, Cayenne's, and Land Rovers. Believe me, a car is more than the badge. These vehicles have weaknesses and issues just like any other car. Some more than others.

To me, the '12 SRT8 is still a great value even with the price increase. It's like a ML65 AMG but without paying for the badge.
Pete, have you read through some of the posts on this forum? I think you will get the idea what most folks are talking about :) I was looking for that nice chart Resume Speed made with the price development of the SRT models, can't find it though, maybe later, I'll link it up.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Just talked to a friend of mine. There are no employee or friends and family discounts on SRT vehicles. You are just going to have to find a good dealership who will work with you. I heard Baxter (who is a supporting vendor here) was doing pretty good deals on them. I beleive they will ship to your state too. Worth giving them a call.

J

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just talked to a friend of mine. There are no employee or friends and family discounts on SRT vehicles. You are just going to have to find a good dealership who will work with you. I heard Baxter (who is a supporting vendor here) was doing pretty good deals on them. I beleive they will ship to your state too. Worth giving them a call.

J
thanks, thats the type of information im looking for. lol not 2 pages of what people think this is worth. just my 2cts i am not buying a new one because i dont think it is worth 60k either. im just looking for a dealer that can give a fair price in the va or even the nj tri state area.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
If you are in NJ tristate area, try Westbury CJ on Long Island too. They are a supporting vendor and are mod friendly. Not to mention that is where AJ (Hemituner) works out of. Always a good idea to start building a good replationship with your dealer early on in the mod process. And I'm sure there will be a mod process! LOL

J

·
Registered
130 Posts

J
I disagree. I got a great deal on mine 2 weeks ago and the dealer I worked with sold me 5 vehicles over the last 4 years and he'll give a great deal to anyone willing to come to Jersey to take delivery. He has 4 more STR8s on order. PS I have no relationship with this dealer and do not gain 1 cent from his sales but I can vouch for them that they don't play games and will give a very nice discount. Anyone serious about a new 12 JGC SRT8 just shoot me a PM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts