Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Run it in our ATV's & stuff with good results, never tried it in a vehicle....

·
Registered
166 Posts
This topic came up a long time ago when I was riding MX between Redline Wetter Water and Engine Ice, here is a post from a dirt bike forum, the poster is a friend of mine. For fun, this guy breaks down and analyzes fuels and oils. Needless to say, he is a literal genius, chemist, physicist, engineer.... so I listen to him. The question is, is the price worth the blue color, because it will do nothing for performance.

"Water Wetter is just a simple surfacant. In theory surfactants work by lowering the surface tension of the coolant and they enhance bubble formation as a result. When bubbles form up more easily in the the coolant heat should be carried away from the hottest portions of the fluid surface to cooler portions of the fluid and the state change from vapor back to liquid enhances heat transfer.

That all sounds good in THEORY, but the reality is, some engines will benefit and some won't. The upside is, Water Wetter is cheap and it won't hurt anything so it's worth a try. Engine Ice is just marketing pseudo-science nonsense with no "valid research" to back up the outrageous claims, or justify the outrageous price they charge. The only benefit I see to buying Engine Ice is the company has always done a lot to support MX , so spending your money with them might not do anything positive for your engine, but could be a positive for the sport as a whole. You pay your money and you make your choice.

For what it's worth, most riders would get more out of regularly cleaning the cooling system than anything that comes in a bottle."

=================================

"Engine Ice is a conveinience product. It is easy to open the jug and pour.
But the product is basically propylene glycol (anti-freeze/coolant that is non-toxic) and deionized water mixture. For $34 a gallon!

You can buy propylene glycol for $7-10 a gallon, and mix it ~ 50/50 with deionized or distilled water you get for about $1 a gallon at the grocery or pharmacy.
Lets see...$34 a gallon Engine Ice vs. $4 - $7 a gallon home mix....is there really any question?"

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This topic came up a long time ago when I was riding MX between Redline Wetter Water and Engine Ice, here is a post from a dirt bike forum, the poster is a friend of mine. For fun, this guy breaks down and analyzes fuels and oils. Needless to say, he is a literal genius, chemist, physicist, engineer.... so I listen to him. The question is, is the price worth the blue color, because it will do nothing for performance.

"Water Wetter is just a simple surfacant. In theory surfactants work by lowering the surface tension of the coolant and they enhance bubble formation as a result. When bubbles form up more easily in the the coolant heat should be carried away from the hottest portions of the fluid surface to cooler portions of the fluid and the state change from vapor back to liquid enhances heat transfer.

That all sounds good in THEORY, but the reality is, some engines will benefit and some won't. The upside is, Water Wetter is cheap and it won't hurt anything so it's worth a try. Engine Ice is just marketing pseudo-science nonsense with no "valid research" to back up the outrageous claims, or justify the outrageous price they charge. The only benefit I see to buying Engine Ice is the company has always done a lot to support MX , so spending your money with them might not do anything positive for your engine, but could be a positive for the sport as a whole. You pay your money and you make your choice.

For what it's worth, most riders would get more out of regularly cleaning the cooling system than anything that comes in a bottle."

=================================

"Engine Ice is a conveinience product. It is easy to open the jug and pour.
But the product is basically propylene glycol (anti-freeze/coolant that is non-toxic) and deionized water mixture. For $34 a gallon!

You can buy propylene glycol for $7-10 a gallon, and mix it ~ 50/50 with deionized or distilled water you get for about $1 a gallon at the grocery or pharmacy.
Lets see...$34 a gallon Engine Ice vs. $4 - $7 a gallon home mix....is there really any question?"
Thanks for this info. From what im getting from it it should be ok to run in our jeeps. The cost is not even a concern.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i don't mean this in a smartass way,what's the deal with the colour of the coolant and would it be okay for warranty?
No worries. I'm having a KillerGlass rad hose being built. I have one in my 09 (do a search for pics and vids) I went red with that one because I had a black jeep. With the mineral grey I'm thinking the blue will look the best this time.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
No worries. I'm having a KillerGlass rad hose being built. I have one in my 09 (do a search for pics and vids) I went red with that one because I had a black jeep. With the mineral grey I'm thinking the blue will look the best this time.
Can't wait to see this.... :D

Reactions: YKPizzaGuy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.