Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody knows how to remove the overhead console to install the double gauge pod up there. I found all the other interior trim removal on wkjeeps but not that. Just found an old post on here with pics of it out & the pod in there but not how to get it out. They sent LX instructions but not for the Jeep.

Planning on putting my A/F & boost overhead with the fuel pressure & Trinity on the A-pilar. Will run a wire/plug from the A/F back to the Trinity on the A-pilar so I can log it also.

Thanks
Jim

· Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts
Just pull it down. Its held in with 3 clips. 2 around the front and 1 at the back.

Reactions: J&D's SRT's

· Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts
There are also 3 wire harnesses inside that will hold it up once you have it down. The one on the passanger side is easy to remove. I find a real small flat head screw driver helps with the other 2. The white plug closest to the sunglasses holder is in real tight, use the screw driver to push the clip down and out. The plug in the middle is released by a clip hidden in the little channel between the plug and the black plastic cover. You have to push the clip away from the plug to get that one out.

· Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts

· Registered
8,243 Posts
Planning on putting my A/F & boost overhead with the fuel pressure & Trinity on the A-pilar. Will run a wire/plug from the A/F back to the Trinity on the A-pilar so I can log it also.

Thanks
Jim
I know it's personal preference but I would definitely recommend running your gauges the opposite of how you mentioned. The AF and fuel pressure are most important and more in line of sight if they are on the pillar pod. The overhead gauges are nice to have but you won't be looking up at the roof when going WOT...much easier to move your eyes to the pillar and glance at AF/fuel pressure.

8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeh Chris I thought about that. I know I want the fuel pressure on the pillar so I can see if the warning light comes on easy. Not to sure on where to put the trinity if I use the second hole for the A\F instead of it. I think overhead it would be to much in the way up there.

Somebody needs to make a triple pillar one.

Jim

· Registered
2,535 Posts
That's weird, mine came with instructions on how to do everything.

· Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts
Yeh Chris I thought about that. I know I want the fuel pressure on the pillar so I can see if the warning light comes on easy. Not to sure on where to put the trinity if I use the second hole for the A\F instead of it. I think overhead it would be to much in the way up there.

Jim

I have my Trinity in a single pod where the sunglasses holder used to be and it would be too much in the way to have anything else up there. It even blocks some of the back window when I use the rearview mirror.

· Registered
8,243 Posts
There is enough room with the dual pillar pod that you can run the trinity above the top gauge with the window suction mount.

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts

Jim
I agree with this:

There is enough room with the dual pillar pod that you can run the trinity above the top gauge with the window suction mount.

Plenty of room with the dual pod to tuck the Trinity up at the very corner of the windshield. If you do it right, you won't see any of the wires or the mount.

I used to have the pod and the Trinity. Now, I run Trinity only.

· Registered
5,047 Posts
Ya know those 3 buttons above your rearview mirror are garage door openers, right? lol...
I know lol, but every time you disconnect the battery or are doing something they deprogram and you have to go through reprogramming and I just got tired of screwing with it. :rolleyes:

And I actually have a third one out of view, my jeep like being inside. :cool:

8,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Plenty of room with the dual pod to tuck the Trinity up at the very corner of the windshield. If you do it right, you won't see any of the wires or the mount.

I used to have the pod and the Trinity. Now, I run Trinity only.
Dan any vision problems with the trinity up there in the corner? It seems like it would block some to me.

Jim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.