Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zaino's Car Treatment?

www.zainostore.com

I've used this in the past and was very pleased with it (Camaro RS - Red, Mercedes SL - Silver). It is a bit pricey and the process - to do it right - takes a whole day, and that's just the outside! Does anybody recommend anything else that might not be as time consuming (and dollar consuming - I mean after all, it's car wax).

Just wondering as I still have a bit left of the Z2, Z5, Z6, ZPC & a Z18 claybar. Figured I'd use it up in the Spring and then decide where to go next. I have a '08 Black.

Thanks!

Stix

·
Registered
419 Posts
In the past I used Zaino religiously but now I find Meguirers Tech Wax 2.0 just as good and lasts just as long. I use whatever clay is on sale along with Griots speed shine. Also use Griots waterless car wash spray which is an incredible product. I went 3 months in the summer never getting a bucket and hose out.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I used to use Zaino on my Durango, great stuff, but too much work involved for my liking. I gave all my left-over Zaino to another forum member.
Currently using Adam's Polishes and I like their products.

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
zaino is nice and many people are all about it. Adams polished\s are what I have been with for a while, all American made products and even for those who are new to detailing its not that hard. Meguiars also has good stuff, if your not looking to in depth.

Adams did this:

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Time to give Adams a try.

Roll Out!!

·
Premium Member
16,346 Posts
I plan on doing some searching on Adams, Zaino, and other products in the next few months as I am about to buy a buffer. Want to give my jeep a full detail when I get out of school for the summer.

I've seen most of the Jeep guys do like Adams and the pictures show...

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Do yourself a favor Johnny, check out Griot's products. Great stuff!

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
I plan on doing some searching on Adams, Zaino, and other products in the next few months as I am about to buy a buffer. Want to give my jeep a full detail when I get out of school for the summer.

I've seen most of the Jeep guys do like Adams and the pictures show...
Id say there are other better products once you get deeper into detailing but Adams hold up great for those new to using a wheel. If its your first time I'd say go with Adams cause they make the process super easy when your starting off, I have used ever product they have so if you have any questions just let me know. I've done many cars since my jeep and haven't ran into anything that Adams couldn't handle, although it may have taken more time.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I use menzerna..little pricey at $30 a bottle X 3 steps...porter cable and about 8 hrs.. first 2 steps remove about 95% of swirls..last step is a power lock/sealant..goes on like butter

·
Registered
528 Posts
I use Zaino Bros stuff on my '72 Corvette and my brilliant black SRT8. Leaves no residue and goes on easy. I use an orbital buffer. Nearly impossible to find in stores so I order mine on the internet.

Bob

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
In the past I used Zaino religiously but now I find Meguirers Tech Wax 2.0 just as good and lasts just as long. I use whatever clay is on sale along with Griots speed shine. Also use Griots waterless car wash spray which is an incredible product. I went 3 months in the summer never getting a bucket and hose out.

Ever been to Autoality in Monroeville?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.