Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Any way to use personal cell phone as a HOTSPOT for your car???

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  pnut 
#1 ·
Since UConnect 3G is going the way of the dinosaur, is there any way to use your cell phone as a hotspot for your car? Thankfully, I haven’t ever needed to use the car’s hotspot features except for a few times using the YELP app, but it’d be nice to still be able to use it through my phones data plan. My car is a 2017, so no CarPlay…

#2 ·
Uconnect support will send you a free (for now) TMobile 4g obd device. Give them a call. It'll function as your internet hotspot in the vehicle and also for any uconnect services you subscribed to. They have two plans. A 2GB per month for 10 bucks and an unlimited plan for 30 bucks I believe. This adapter takes the place of the 3g service you'll be losing when they turn that off early 2022.

#3 ·
I found out about the OBD thing earlier but I don’t want to pay anymore fees!!! I’ve always seen certain apps on my head unit that I’ve never used before like Pandora that require the hotspot hook up, which I’ve never had. I wanted to know if there is a way to use my cell phone as a hotspot for the car’s apps?!? I’m already paying for unlimited data on my phone!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.