Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I splurged on a turbo kit , and hopefully will have it installed in the next 4 weeks. I wanted to see what happened to all the stock block guys, and how their jeeps are holding up to the boost.

My jeeps stock except a borla s and 275/315s, and I plan on running low boost straight off the waste gate until I can afford a trans. I'm on the 6 to 12 month budget plan for big upgrades, hopefully in the next 24 months it's a 650 to 700 awhp on pump monster. Once it is forged caged and running 10s on pump, I will be done.

But back on topic, I can only seem to find a few videos or threads on stock block or stock trans 76mm turbo jeeps. I am trying to see what other guys were running, how they sound with a cutout(not cammed) ect. I guess most build the motor and trans shortly after the turbo or only the big builds have videos and build threads.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
mine's still in the works, getting the hot side coated as we speak it will go on a stock block who did you buy it from?

Reactions: SPEEDDEMON and Jfra

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Demons complete kit w/ single cut out on the downpipe.
I am running a wide band to the trinity,and using the trinity for the boost as well. I am not a fan of non factory gauges. Then a blanket and wrap for the hotside.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
I've got the demon kit too i'll let you know how it goes

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
150 Posts
hate to revive an old thread, but .... possibly pulling the trigger on a kit, and getting rid of the D1X. Anyone on the stock block still?

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
not me........

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Reactions: oDANo

·
Registered
817 Posts
Still on a stock block. 126,000 miles overall with about the last 29,000 or so being turbo'd.
Never been to the track with it so that probably helps keep it going longer. She still runs very strong.

Debating about possibly going back to N/A with maybe a mild 426 build or even a 392 next year as there's not a lot of places to really run it with the turbo where I live.

Reactions: oDANo

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I'm still on the stock block with a Precision 8884, sheet metal intake manifold, ID1300 injectors and 237,000 miles. It's put down 645whp and ran 11.1 @ 124 on 8.8psi, 93 octane and full weight.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Are you still on the bone stock transmission or the stock transmission with a stage 2 valvebody?

I'm still on the stock block with a Precision 8884, sheet metal intake manifold, ID1300 injectors and 237,000 miles. It's put down 645whp and ran 11.1 @ 124 on 8.8psi, 93 octane and full weight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts