Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've noticed that my engine temps are substantially higher than normal. I'm running a 180 stat with a custom predator tune, but my coolant temp will occasionally reach as high as 215-220 at highway speeds and then drop to 180-185 once I reach normal speeds. Before I get my hands dirty and remove my stat for inspection, is there any way to check if my fan is kicking into high speed? Maybe with the predator or something?

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Lately I've noticed that my engine temps are substantially higher than normal. I'm running a 180 stat with a custom predator tune, but my coolant temp will occasionally reach as high as 215-220 at highway speeds and then drop to 180-185 once I reach normal speeds. Before I get my hands dirty and remove my stat for inspection, is there any way to check if my fan is kicking into high speed? Maybe with the predator or something?
Jump out the odd (up and down ) slot in the relay box to the slot directly across from it.

The fan should turn on.

It will work for the low and high fan.

Bottom line IMHO .........the t'sats junk.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I already have a new tstat sitting in the garage, but wanted to check the easy stuff first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts