Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got some long tubes put in my jeep and was wondering if there is any tuners in the chicago area? And roughly how much would it cost. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
Pretty sure with that one mod you don't need a tuner from the state. Email tunes will work just fine. Only one I know about in Illinois is Satera/Barth.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: cthalite3

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I forgot to mention that it already has a k&n cai, borla cat back and upgraded driveshaft. Will an email tune get me through emissions?

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
Still common bolt ons. If you give whoever you choose that info, you should be good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok sounds good! And how do email tunes work? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Ok sounds good! And how do email tunes work? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions
You send the tuner a copy of your stock tune, tell them your mods, and they send you a tune file back. Then you're either good or you can do a data log, send that back and they can tweak the tune.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For an email tune I would need a hand held correct? Like a diablo sport tuner. And around how much do you think an etune would be?

·
Super Moderator
10,988 Posts
For an email tune I would need a hand held correct? Like a diablo sport tuner. And around how much do you think an etune would be?
Yes, if you plan on data logging and adding a wideband a/f sensor a Trinity is the way to go. Otherwise a used Predator will work just fine.

Reactions: ekaz

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Ok last question, who do you guys recommend for email tunes?
Johan (diablotoona), AJ (hemituner), Mike @ OST Dyno and Josh @ HHP are a few of the top ones that I recall.

Reactions: sharky 370

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just had Johan tune my SC 426 build. He’s great. I’m in Chicago - let me know if you need help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts