Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys was looking around to see if anybody has done an upgrade from Antenna whip and base to a sharkfin on a 2013 GC SRT8 and if it is possible to do so.Whip hits roller door when arriving home and it pisses me off, as I would like to also upgrade my wife's 2011 GC Limited . The sharkfin also looks better.:)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, been done plenty here Vini. Just throw it int he search section & will show them all. Nearly all so far have come colour-matched. Maybe we can do an Aussie bulk-buy ;)

Though on that note, I was about to do the same and wondering if any better brands to go for (some cheap [email protected] on ebay of course). Also my radio reception is pretty poor - hope not worse with a fin - head it "doesn't hurt it" but assume won't improve.

PS - Visual Garage was one I was considering so far: http://www.visualgarage.com/home.html

Reactions: Vini

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bono392 thanks, I have checked out the visual garage website and looks like a pretty simple install. On recepition it looks like it would be worse due to the fact that it will have a shorter reception point. Also the 2014 has a sharkfin and looks great.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I think that there is only one manufacturer of the shark fin that actually works as an antenna. I noticed no difference in reception since swapping mine. They do come painted, but if you wrap it with vinyl and remove the wrap the paint will come off. They do color match well though.

Reactions: Bono392 and Vini

·
Registered
399 Posts
Bumping an old thread, I am looking for a sharkfin for my Jeep, unable to locate and the Visualgarage website has been down for several months. I also tried emailing VG with no reply. Any reason why I couldn't do a swap from a 2014?

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
My sat reception blows. If it's 'cause of the sharkfin, then I'll be doing the opposite.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hmm interesting... could location play a part or did your 2006 SRT8 not have any issues?

·
Registered
69 Posts
i want to do the swap as well.... i couldn't care less about the reception.... my hard drive is about to be filled....... where can i order those from? assuming cant install 14 fins on 13s

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if visual garage is fake or not. I ordered a paint match sharkfin for my 2012 srt jeep and its been a month since i purchased. I got my confirmation email and paid. I been emailing them and no reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if visual garage is fake or not. I ordered a paint match sharkfin for my 2012 srt jeep and its been a month since i purchased. I got my confirmation email and paid. I been emailing them and no reply.
Same here - I ordered on March 13, got the email confirmation with order number and now nothing. No replies to email, phone number associated with the business is no longer in service. THink we got scammed....

·
Registered
309 Posts
Same here - I ordered on March 13, got the email confirmation with order number and now nothing. No replies to email, phone number associated with the business is no longer in service. THink we got scammed....
Make sure you contact the BBB if you do not get any response from them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I remember I got mine last year and I think it took around 3 weeks. They said it had to be painted. Maybe I just got lucky before things went down. They do look good though. Sorry for them being a pain. At least you can dispute the charge with your card company.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts