168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im picking up an 08 srt8 that currently has the following:

Diablosport Programmer
SLP Underdrive Pulley
Bwoody 4' Intake
180 Deg. Thermostat
Modified exhaust w/resonator delete and magnaflow dual in/out muffler

what is the best tune to run with the above mods?

what should be my next mod?

Basically looking to go as fast as I can without doing any forced induction or fully building the motor.

Basically curious how fast I can get this thing with just bolt ons.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
CMR tune from one of these guys is a great start! Also something to monitor A/F is good and will help your tuner.

Also you have the entire top end of the motor you can upgrade: Heads, cam, headers, TB, intake manifold.

The cam is a great place to start if your not lookin to spend a ton of money and see good gains.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CMR tune from one of these guys is a great start! Also something to monitor A/F is good and will help your tuner.

Also you have the entire top end of the motor you can upgrade: Heads, cam, headers, TB, intake manifold.

The cam is a great place to start if your not lookin to spend a ton of money and see good gains.
Sorry for tne newby questions but what is CMR? Any recommendations on a good head, cam, headers, tb, and intake manifold?

From previous experience with other car im guess the following would be the best order as far as most gain in hp to least:

1. CMR Tune
2. Cam
3. Headers
4. Intake Manifold
5. Throttle Body

Let me know if you agree thanks!

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Sorry for tne newby questions but what is CMR? Any recommendations on a good head, cam, headers, tb, and intake manifold?

From previous experience with other car im guess the following would be the best order as far as most gain in hp to least:

1. CMR Tune
2. Cam
3. Headers
4. Intake Manifold
5. Throttle Body

Let me know if you agree thanks!
A CMR is a custom tune which is not provided in the programmer. The programmer, your Predator, has canned tunes inside of it which do increase performance to a minimal amount because they are tunes calibrated to work safely on everyone's vehicles. Custom tuners such as Joel and Johan can provide you with a tune that is specific to your jeep and you can change the way you want your jeep calibrated best to fit your driving habits and mod list.

As far as your list goes, I would absolutely say purchase a CMR tune after you add parts to your jeep, and that way you will tailor it to your new mods. I think the CMR is the most important and cost effective out of those choices, but if you plan on adding a Cam or Heads etc. you want to get your vehicle tuned after installing them. From then on you can ask for different tune revisions if you update your mod list etc.

Most importantly, how much money do you have to spend?

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
A CMR is a custom tune which is not provided in the programmer. The programmer, your Predator, has canned tunes inside of it which do increase performance to a minimal amount because they are tunes calibrated to work safely on everyone's vehicles. Custom tuners such as Joel and Johan can provide you with a tune that is specific to your jeep and you can change the way you want your jeep calibrated best to fit your driving habits and mod list.

As far as your list goes, I would absolutely say purchase a CMR tune after you add parts to your jeep, and that way you will tailor it to your new mods. I think the CMR is the most important and cost effective out of those choices, but if you plan on adding a Cam or Heads etc. you want to get your vehicle tuned after installing them. From then on you can ask for different tune revisions if you update your mod list etc.

Most importantly, how much money do you have to spend?
What he said! Also a good thing to know is a lot of the tuners will modify your tune as you modify your car. You can get a cam now with a CMR tune and then if you add heads headers or anything else down the road you can just do some data logging and get your tune revised.

Best bang for your buck would be the cam in my opinion. Harrison had a PPP stage 2 with bolt ons and got an 11.8 out of his jeep. Mondo had H/C/I from PWR and got a 11.59 out of it, current H/C 6.1 record holder in a jeep I believe. LPM builds some nasty motors but I dont know what their quickest H/C jeep is, they seem to be more into stroker builds but I'm sure they would do heads and cam.

Basically see what you want to spend and do some research on some of the vendors. Then I would pick one and stick with them so they can give you parts that work together well as a combo.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looking to probably spend around 3,000.00 for now and just enjoy it for a year or two until I decide if I want to go all out on it or not

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
For 3K you could probably do a cam, intake manifold and TB along with a CMR tune. Heads and headers are both expensive and a good idea to do at the same time if your paying for the install.

You could also go the nitrous route or save up a little more and wait for a deal on a supercharger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.