Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with a tcm problem. I had installed a Mptcm about a month ago and it has been shifting fine on the street and at the strip. I just got tired of its shifting around town and decided to put the oem tcm back in until I run again later in January. Pulled the negative battery lead and changed back to oem tcm. When I drove the jeep the trans was stuck in 3rd gear. I drove around for a while and stopped, turned off the engine and restarted. I did get a cel, but when I checked the trinity there were no codes set. The car would not shift out of 3rd. it would start there and stay there. Returned home, reinstalled the Mptcm and everything works normally again. I never had any problem with the gear indicators being all outlined or any other indication except for the cel that I reset. The oem tcm was working fine prior to installing the mptcm. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Probaly have to return stock toon with stock original backup not the backup u took with the mtcm in it. I may be wrong but some will chime in

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Sounds like what happened to Wade aka CentralTexhemi.... Look.his thread up Kenta...

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probaly have to return stock toon with stock original backup not the backup u took with the mtcm in it. I may be wrong but some will chime in

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Thanks Joe That is just what I did.

^^^^^^That's my thought. Did you take a backup tune with the mtcm in?
Yes I did.

Sounds like what happened to Wade aka CentralTexhemi.... Look.his thread up Kenta...
Thanks Jose, I do remember the trouble Wade had when he sold his jeep. I am just so old that my memory is not what it was. LOL.

Thanks to all for helping me with this.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
keep us posted but u should be good. mu mtcm is really starting to shift like a complete animal. around town is strange but fine but the wot sre getting insane. pretty damn quick and gettinh real nice and firm. i loveing it so fasr. all i need is a stall and i think ill be ripping high high 11's

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
keep us posted but u should be good. mu mtcm is really starting to shift like a complete animal. around town is strange but fine but the wot sre getting insane. pretty damn quick and gettinh real nice and firm. i loveing it so fasr. all i need is a stall and i think ill be ripping high high 11's
yea, I think I will just least the mtcm in as I will be going back to the track on Jan 5th. One advantage of living in hot, humid Florida. It was a new record high today of 85 deg. Not really like Christmas weather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.