Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was so close the last time out,I heard about a rental @MIR and made sure I was there.Only got one 10.99 pass,and 7-8 11.0's.Brian BCM was driving on the 10.99 pass.My best driving it is an 11.05.Not bad for 330lbs.Jeep weighed 4895 with me in it and gas light on.No passenger seats.Best 60' was 1.50 which we hit 2x.Had a couple 1/8 passes in the 6.9range.Best 1/8 MPH was JUST shy of 100.I hit a new best 1/4 MPH @ Cecil the following day with 125.02 MPH (Me driving).

Made about 30 passes between both days,the Jeep didn't flinch.
I want to thank a few for without them,I wouldn't have a shot at what just happened.
Chrysler makes a hell of a product,beat the shit outta it when I'm on the track and issues are a minimum.Vortech for making a superior product and getting us what we wanted years ahead of the competition..(cough,cough,Procharger),

Joel for getting me a safe and potent tune and working with me when I became a pain in the ass!The guy is the best at what he does.Builder Bill for standing behind his products and building them to last!Those 60's wouldn't be happening without his converter and the tranny would have since failed without his tranny kit.Harrison,Chris and the Stage 6 crew for going above and beyond their call of duty on an outstanding fuel pump setup.

Mondo for the MS109.This guy gave me a pail of the stuff without batting an eye.He said here,go get those 10's.I was and still am astonished at the generousity and attitude of that guy,he's a real class act.Brian BCM for coming with me to MIR when no one else could,and getting my rig to those awesome numbers!

Lastly,everyone that already knew about this for all the kind words and loving support!This is what makes me love owning this vehicle,it's truly a brotherhood!!
Enough with the BS,on with the proof!
On the scale @MIR

My PB at the wheel

My best overall MPH

10.99!!!

1.50 60' Keoni,where you at??:silly:

Let off @ the 1/8th so I didn't get thrown off early,I kick myself in the ass for that

Another 1.50 60'

All day once the track started to stick

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Congrats on the 10s

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Congratulations. Good job!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Very Niice!!! Congratulations! What else is done to your jeep but the vortech?

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Very Niice!!! Congratulations! What else is done to your jeep but the vortech?
I was wondering the same thing..wut else is done besides da vortech?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congratulations Jake! That's why you were so damn happy Saturday:p
Really tho, happy for you bro! Wish I could have made it out there with you man.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks fellas!!!
Me and a buddy made a custom FMIC setup for the Vortech
Kook's headers and catted midpipes w/DMH cutouts,Corsa catback
Blower cam,PAC springs,Manley pushrods & retainers
Paramount torque converter & AMG clutch kit for the tranny,blue top solenoids
Mopar TCM
NT05r's on the rear
Dual Walbro in tank fuel pumps
Road magnet springs & QA1 shocks
MS109 in the tank,but ran out and switched to pump gas tune and still ran 11.0's
No seats besides driver
I believe that's all

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Like a said before bro , Hell yeah and congrats again . Oh and BTW thanks for not making me come out of retirement he he

Reactions: SrtJake

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Congrats bro! Nice to see you finally run them 10's out of your beast and you deserve man as you worked very hard toward that 10 second slip and never gave up..... Vortech FTMW!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats bro! Nice to see you finally run them 10's out of your beast and you deserve man as you worked very hard toward that 10 second slip and never gave up..... Vortech FTMW!
Thanks for the kind words Sir..Tony's reign had to come to an end,been chasing him for a year before it happened haha. Not sure where to go from here really,we always want to be faster,but I'm NOT caging it and it's not fun being a two run chump. We shall see I guess.

Paulo,you know there is always an excuse right?So you are lucky I ran out of race fuel by the time the track prep got better!We were peddling the damn thing off the line to avoid limp mode until about 2:00pm.:eek:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Congrats! Great to see the Vortech 10's comming out.FMIC looks sick too.I'm gonna get me a set of Dr's as my next mod,boosted jeeps launches so damn hard with them...Way to go!

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Sir..Tony's reign had to come to an end,been chasing him for a year before it happened haha. Not sure where to go from here really,we always want to be faster,but I'm NOT caging it and it's not fun being a two run chump. We shall see I guess.

Paulo,you know there is always an excuse right?So you are lucky I ran out of race fuel by the time the track prep got better!We were peddling the damn thing off the line to avoid limp mode until about 2:00pm.:eek:
Anytime bro! Hey have you ever tried running in 2wd mode with a set off Drag Radials to see if you can get a better 60ft? Just wondering cuz that would .probably help I think when you do a nice burn out and the tires are sticky...

·
Registered
11,237 Posts

Lol you just figure out how thirsty the twin pumps are he he

·
BlaBlaBla
5,298 Posts
Way to go Jake! Nothing, well almost nothing feels better than getting that 10 sec. slip. Awesome!!

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Congrats man, looks like the truck is just as happy jumping up and down at the track lol :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts