Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first one. Silver headed west on I-10 (near Airline hwy 61) at 4:30pm today. Would have taken some pics for proof but I was going east bound. Looked like a production model, no tour decals, trailers, or other marketing/testing items on it.

If it wasn't for the LED running lamps, would have totally missed it. The new SRT styling sneaks up on you for sure... It was a delayed reaction, oh, that was the new SRT!

... So you only get the hood wow factor if you are the driver/passenger, or happen to be standing next to it. Otherwise, you will never notice the vents.

Hope it was on it's way to or already in the hands of a member here!

·
Administrator
5,855 Posts
That's pretty much how the Car and Driver video review stated it, that it's much less distinctive in appearance.

Bernie

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Thats what i was gonna say Bernie, seems to be the common theme

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
I think it has no distinction at all, even the rims keep it quiet

·
Registered
648 Posts
... So you only get the hood wow factor if you are the driver/passenger, or happen to be standing next to it. Otherwise, you will never notice the vents.
Anyone know if the vents are functional or just for looks? I had a '93 Firebird Formula with the same type but not functional. Pain in the ass to keep water from puddling in 'em. The rear hatchback was a pain also...but that's another story on a different forum.

·
Administrator
5,855 Posts
Yes they are functional.

Bernie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts