Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the next two weekends are going to be dedicated to fixing all the little stuff on the rig, so I need help with identifying part numbers and such....

1. The little handles on the vents to move them back and forth are broken on two of them. Can I buy just that little thing, or does it have to be the whole vent?

2. The handle to pull the cup holders out in the rear is gone, do I have to buy the whole unit to get that back? It's almost like it was a cover.

3. Two of the lights behind the AC controls are out, now I searched and saw people buy them at Radio Shack, but is there a part number?

4. I get the "CHECK TPM SYSTEM" on the dash, but all TMPS's are functional, they all read correctly. I was reading that the wireless module something can go bad?

5. My floor mats are messed up, has anyone found a place that sells actual DARK SLATE GREY mats, not the black ones everyone has been buying? I would actually prefer to not have any writing on them at all.

Just wanted to see if you guys had these issues, which I know some of you have, and get part numbers so I can get everything at once. I know, you are probably thinking my rig is a POS, but it's totally not. Just has been sitting for awhile. READY, GO! :p

Thanks guys! :pinklove:

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
3. There is a guy in Corona, CA that can change the lights in the AC controls. I have no clue how difficult it is.....just that he is changing the colors of all my interior lights (climate control, mygig, shifter, cluster, switches, etc.). They are LEDs, but I don't know if it is a simple bulb swap or if soldering is involved.

5. I may still have my stock floor mats out of my 08 somewhere. I put Weathertechs in right away. I would have to look for them.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I found some threads that show that you can solder new ones in for the bulbs, which is fine, just wanted to see if I could actually get part #'s.

And if you find those mats, I would love to take them off your hands! Whoever owner my Jeep looks like someone got hungry and bit a corner off...LOL.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
My Light behind the AC controls when out , but i was still under warranty, Dealer said he had to replace the AC control unit . :-( GL & btw i had those rear cup holders , mine broke the first month.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well geez....I don't want to have to do that. Everything else works perfect on that unit, just not the bulbs. And ya, those rear cup holders suck, but it looks tacky, so I want it fixed.

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
What Jim said Tam, do you have a pick a part place around you? Those are the best places to get minor bits and pieces for most vehicles in good shape! If you can't locate any near you I know of a couple down the street from me. I usually go there once a month to find random things, I can add the aesthetic stuff to my list if you want and ship em to you? It wouldn't be anytime soon since I went to one last weekend, but in a few weeks or so?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you ever figure out the issue for the "check tpm system"? I am having the same issue but not sure what the issue is. It does it both on my SRT wheels and winter wheels.
No I didn't. I still think it's the wireless module that transmits the signal from each of the sensors that is bad. It doesn't have to do with the wheels/tires itself, so I think that's why it's doing on both sets of yours. I think the dealership has to fix it, and I'm staying far away from them for now, so I'm just going to deal with it.

What Jim said Tam, do you have a pick a part place around you? Those are the best places to get minor bits and pieces for most vehicles in good shape! If you can't locate any near you I know of a couple down the street from me. I usually go there once a month to find random things, I can add the aesthetic stuff to my list if you want and ship em to you? It wouldn't be anytime soon since I went to one last weekend, but in a few weeks or so?
I actually don't, those are hard to come by around here. If you could, that would be awesome! Honestly, the only thing that is bothering me a lot is the little handles for the vents. It looks stupid without them. But anything you can find would be awesome! You are the man Skip!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.