Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I've waited long enough on getting the introduction up here (I've been posting here and there and lurking for a while). I got the Jeep in mid-August and I absolutely LOVE it. Took a while to find one set up the way I wanted (Black/Black with no Rear Entertainment or mods/upgrades), but it worked out in the end as I found it within 10mi of my house :D. Picked it up with 33k on the odometer and really great condition on the interior. If the name up there didn't tip you off I am from Philadelphia, though I go to school in MD right now.

Been around car forums in general for a long time, used to be around Audizine as my previous car was an 05 A6, and now spend my unproductive internet time around here and Luxury4Play (for daydreaming purposes).

As for my car, like I said I'm in love with it and can't wait to add some things to it in the coming months. On the appearance side I tinted the front windows 15%, and I think they did a pretty good job on matching the rears. Could be a TINY bit darker up front but it doesn't bother me at all. Removed crappy pin stripes that came on it and some rain guards that the previous owner installed. Also found a thread about those shorty antennas from Autozone on here and went out to try them out and havn't had any problems at all, plus I think it looks great on the car.

That's about as much as I can think to add to an introduction, I'm more than happy to get involved around here and ask/answer questions about our cars! Thanks everyone!

PS- If anyone has a quick tip on how to embed images I'd be grateful!

Attachments

·
Team Hellcat
156 Posts
Welcome! Love the Black!

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Welcome. I grew up about 45 minutes outside of Philly in NJ. You should try to make it to the Race at Atco in Nov. You will be able to put alot of faces to screen names. Usually a pretty good turn out.

J

·
Registered
418 Posts
welcome...wait did you say autozone has shorty antennas?? part# or what to look for, becasue ill def get one.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congratulations!! on picking the fastest color :)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
welcome man! are you signed up for our barbecue on the 23rd? It's in the Baltimore, MD area... if you're in school in MD, maybe you're close?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Welcome from a marylander!!! You should get to know the guys around here... Some cool fellas!

Where to you go to school?? I'm at loyola...

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Welcome from another East Coaster! I was in philly last Friday to watch the Cardinals :D win and saw a Jeep SRT8 just outside the stadium!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot everyone, glad to have found the site!

Welcome. I grew up about 45 minutes outside of Philly in NJ. You should try to make it to the Race at Atco in Nov. You will be able to put alot of faces to screen names. Usually a pretty good turn out.

J
I would love to make it to some track events in the future, but from now until the summer I'm pretty busy almost every weekend between school and other obligations, will definitely keep that track in mind though!

welcome...wait did you say autozone has shorty antennas?? part# or what to look for, becasue ill def get one.
I mis-typed, the antenna I have is from Pepboys. I used this http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49842&highlight=antenna thread to get an idea of what it was. The part # is ANT-009, though I didn't use the number, just ran down to the store and found the one from the pictures. Really helped the look of the car and haven't noticed any real difference in reception.

Welcome from a marylander!!! You should get to know the guys around here... Some cool fellas!

Where to you go to school?? I'm at loyola...
Thanks man! I'm at school in Annapolis, though I don't know if I should mention the institution itself, that is probably enough of a clue right there ;)

Welcome from another East Coaster! I was in philly last Friday to watch the Cardinals :D win and saw a Jeep SRT8 just outside the stadium!
Still very bitter about that series, your smile is not appreciated! Such a let-down... now its Flyers season though!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Welcome to the forum! u will love the jeep! I went to school down in philly @ Widener. You around there at all?
This site is full of great and very helpful people... its a "colt" <---Keone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts