Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving to the gas station today and my air bag warning light kept going on. It would beep and then stay on for about 25 second then vanish. Maybe 3 minutes later it would go off again and do the same thing, this makes me nervous to say the least. Most obvious thing to do would be take it to Jeep but I was wonder if anybody had a similar issue? Last thing I need is the airbag blowing up in my face on 95 when im going 70mph...

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
It's happened on my kid's Jeep before. It's in the airbag system but probably a weight sensor in one of the seats or a seat belt pre- tensioner. A fault in any of those will have the airbag light come on.

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
I believe the light is telling you there is a fault in the system and that your airbag might not deploy in the event of a crash, not that it could deploy at any given moment. You should be fine driving, but need to get it to the dealer to get looked at.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thank you, I will definitely get it checked by the dealer ASAP. The warning light now goes on about every other day but it still should be checked out of course.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wow Mine does the exact same thing. It stays on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts