Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I've got a buddy that has a full system for sale! Not sure what he's asking but I can find out if anyone is interested
Thanks for the info, please post in the for sale section. You'll get more attention there.
Since you're here, is this system designed and tuned for the Jeep specifically or is it a combination of off the shelf parts made to work?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Thanks for the info, please post in the for sale section. You'll get more attention there.
Since you're here, is this system designed and tuned for the Jeep specifically or is it a combination of off the shelf parts made to work?
Full system made specifically for Jeep!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Bags and digital controller is AirRide Technologies
Not sure who made the compressor but it's a high output unit
Tank and wiring is Plug and Play (5 gallon)

Will do front, back, side to side, pancake. Basically you can control each wheel individually or together.

System was on a show truck that hardly got used and is in almost new condition. Kit probably has less than 1k miles on it.

He only wants $1200 for everything and if you're interested let me know and I can get pics if someone is serious.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
AirRide Technologies was the old name of RideTech. I know for a fact that they do not sell a kit for specifically for our Jeeps. Per RideTech's website, they focus on ride quality and handling and not just the show.
From the sounds of it, you have a kit that was put together for show use and not designed for the handling and ride quality aspect.
Also, where is the tank mounted? There isn't any space under the Jeep for a 5 gallon tank.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yes, AirRide is the new RideTech. Same company, owners, product ect. Just new name!

Bags are for a Jeep, digital control is universal, tank is universal (mounted in the cargo area) and wiring is all Plug and Play (universal as well).

Set up certainly can be tailored for performance/handling but the owner built a show truck and used the bags for that!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Yes, AirRide is the new RideTech. Same company, owners, product ect. Just new name!

Bags are for a Jeep, digital control is universal, tank is universal (mounted in the cargo area) and wiring is all Plug and Play (universal as well).

Set up certainly can be tailored for performance/handling but the owner built a show truck and used the bags for that!
I know a majority of the components are universal on an air setup. This setup will have everything mounted under the Jeep so you do not lose the cargo space.
Where are the bags from, who makes them?
Is this on a WK Grand Cherokee? Are there pics of this Jeep? I'd love to see how it looks.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I know a majority of the components are universal on an air setup. This setup will have everything mounted under the Jeep so you do not lose the cargo space.
Where are the bags from, who makes them?
Is this on a WK Grand Cherokee? Are there pics of this Jeep? I'd love to see how it looks.
Thanks!
Again, bags and digital controller are both RideTech. The controller alone was $800!! He wanted a big tank and huge lines so he could drop and raise the truck super fast. You could go with a smaller tank and mount it under the truck and put any size lines on it that fit the set up you were looking for. He made a clone SRT 8 from just a loaded GC and the thing looked SICK!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I've had a few vehicles over the years with full air ride kits, nothing worse than chasing leaks or crawling around trying to find where the break in the line is. If you need the air to maintain a descent ride height, public roads could be a nitemare with full drop.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I've had a few vehicles over the years with full air ride kits, nothing worse than chasing leaks or crawling around trying to find where the break in the line is. If you need the air to maintain a descent ride height, public roads could be a nitemare with full drop.
For me it became to unpridictable.In a slow cruising SUV it works well and looks great low.But I tend to drive fast.Nose dive cornering was a issue.I popped a rear bag it sounded like a shotgun.If that had happened at high speed watchout.When it was lower than the eibachs now it never felt stable and I was always trying to find the sweet spot.Even the amount of people you had in the car required adjustment and the leaks don't remind me.I don't recommend it stick with the eibachs

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
For me it became to unpridictable.In a slow cruising SUV it works well and looks great low.But I tend to drive fast.Nose dive cornering was a issue.I popped a rear bag it sounded like a shotgun.If that had happened at high speed watchout.When it was lower than the eibachs now it never felt stable and I was always trying to find the sweet spot.Even the amount of people you had in the car required adjustment and the leaks don't remind me.I don't recommend it stick with the eibachs
I think thats what the objective is here, minimize or eliminate the negatives commonly associated with air suspensions.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Air bags are a love/hate thing. About 10 years ago I had a s-10 on bags and daily drove it for about 2 years.

Pros- you can lay it out, play around etc..

cons- you can almost never keep it in alignment, newer systems allow you to set specific ride height so this does help
air lines can freeze in the winter with no water seperator
if you dont know how to wrench on anything stay away, you will have leaks

·
Registered
438 Posts
just felt like waking this thread up again

i was thinking about air ride tech recently, and someone put me on to this thread. does anyone know where we stand on this issue? is ride tech working on it? is it even worth the price?

·
Registered
802 Posts
just felt like waking this thread up again

i was thinking about air ride tech recently, and someone put me on to this thread. does anyone know where we stand on this issue? is ride tech working on it? is it even worth the price?
+1^^^^what he said.....
Read the last few pages

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Bump to the current page for where we are on this:

Slight set back in the time line as our test Jeep owner had to spring for a SHR trans sooner than expected.

Once the funds are back in place he is still planning on getting this done......at which point we'd have a final price after all the brackets, bags, etc... are done to his Jeep.

The owner of the test Jeep will be paying as a custom one off system, which will allow RideTech to get all the info needed to mass produce a system.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bump....any word?

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
The owner still wants it done.....just a matter of the finances. As you can imagine, a custom one off system isn't all that cheap :D.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts