Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
With the options the setup will be available all the way down to just the air ride (front shockwave and rear bag and shock) with schrader valves for manual fill for people who are looking to go with a less expensive setup.

The ride height will be based on our "test jeep" that has Bwoody lowering springs. Not sure how much height variance there will be from fully deflated to fully inflated.
Sounds good...so we will be able to pick the bags, or will the shockwaves and bag/shock be standard?

And has it been discussed on the size of the tank and where it will be located? And the compressor that will be used? Or will that maybe be an option that can be a budget variable?

I's so damns exiterd!

:FRO:
All my friends know the lowrider...

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sounds good...so we will be able to pick the bags, or will the shockwaves and bag/shock be standard?

And has it been discussed on the size of the tank and where it will be located? And the compressor that will be used? Or will that maybe be an option that can be a budget variable?

I's so damns exiterd!

:FRO:
All my friends know the lowrider...

Not sure if there will be options on bag choice or not.

When they had our test jeep up on the rack they said they could fit two 2 gallon tanks in the rear.....of course this may vary based on what exhaust setup you have.
As for compressors, you could run 1 or 2 if you run 4 gallons of tank space. They generally run 1 for a 3 gallon setup or 2 for a 5 gallon.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Much thanks for the info Dan. Don't mean to be a pain in the ass man, but I have a couple more questions:

What kind of exhaust did the test Jeep have?

Where are they planning to mount the tanks?

Two 2-gallon tanks isn't bad for what we're generally going for with the bags. I'll want to have a compressor per tank. :bigthumb:

Thanks for the info Dan!

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Much thanks for the info Dan. Don't mean to be a pain in the ass man, but I have a couple more questions:

What kind of exhaust did the test Jeep have?

Where are they planning to mount the tanks?

Two 2-gallon tanks isn't bad for what we're generally going for with the bags. I'll want to have a compressor per tank. :bigthumb:

Thanks for the info Dan!
Stock exhaust (well a modified stocker but the section behind the axle is the same as stock with the resonators).

Both tanks were in the back.....I'll have to check on the exact locations if you want specifics.

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hey guys, sorry for the delay in updates. We've been playing phone tag about the whole setup for the Jeep. He is out of the office at a show this week and will be back in on Monday.
Still in process, just schedules aren't cooperating right now.

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Would they ship to Canada? Or is this an US only thing? Not sure if there are any significant differences from the US GCSRT8 vs the Canadian GCSRT8? :confused:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Trying to gauge interest in the possibility of a full air ride suspension setup.

The system would be manufactured by a well known suspension company who focuses on improved ride quality and handling.

Possible options of how the system could be configured range from a simple Schrader valve setup for inflation/deflation all the way up to an on board air compressor/tank setup with digital controller and ride height sensors.

The front would be a complete replacement of the strut setup that is in there currently.
The rear would be a separate bag/shock combo.
The shocks would be either single or double adjustable (your choice).

More info and pricing to come in the future as details are ironed out if there is enough interest.

Thanks.

This is too funny. I started a thread about air suspensions about a month ago and nobody heard of any viable options for our Jeeps. Now this comes along! Perfect timing!

I would definitely be interested in a full set up (compressors and all) for under/around $2k. My previous vehicle was a Land Rover with an air suspension and its absolutely superior to what we have in our Jeeps.

Also please consider selling an extra cost option (an add-on) that will include an accelerometer, so the suspension could be self-leveling (i.e. if tilt is detected, the vehicle will "right" itself to become perfectly level again). For a company that makes a living making these suspensions, this should be a simple thing to implement.

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
They do have ride height sensors and pressure sensors available for preset ride heights.

While pricing isn't final, a full setup (front and rear air, compressors, tanks, valves, digital controller, ride height sensors, etc..) will definitely be over $2k.

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Update:

We are working on scheduling to get our test Jeep in to get the ball rolling on getting this made.

If everything goes as we hope, it should be installed by the end of the summer.

Pricing was discussed but is difficult to determine until they see what types of bracket(s) are needed. I will trying to work out a special initial group buy price once pricing is determined.
I will post more info as I get it!
Thank you everyone!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Did anyone see this?:
http://www.ridetech.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=5519

This is a pretty cool self-contained unit which costs only $1900 and includes all the components. Looks like all you need to add is actual air bags and mounting hardware. Those who need sensors can add 4 of them for $500 or 2 for $250. Remote control is another $150. Granted, its big and ugly but I may be willing to give up my Kicker subwoofer to put this thing in a trunk.

·
Registered
259 Posts
One of the guys that works for me has a bagged Magnum. It is supposedly the first one done back when he got it. He is good friends with the owner of this place:

http://www.ekstensive.com/

they've bagged everything from Hummers to GMC Kodiacs. I've been by there a few times and they do some amazing suspension work. They said bring my rig by and they would see what it would take. He is supposed to be one of the best in the business. I'm not sure if there would be enough in it for him to do a kit.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Didn't someone say end of summer?

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Slight set back in the time line as our test Jeep owner had to spring for a SHR trans sooner than expected.

Once the funds are back in place he is still planning on getting this done......at which point we'd have a final price after all the brackets, bags, etc... are done to his Jeep.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I might have missed it, but is this work being done at RideTech?

41 - 60 of 89 Posts